Door handle rattle again.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
The dreaded door handle cover rattle has resurfaced on the old bus today, really annoying as well, I could hear it earleir in the week.
I've done both fronts some years ago and touch wood they have been good as gold.
also did the fix to the offside rear last yeat , and now the nearside rear handle cover is misbehaving.
Oh well another job for this weekend, anti-rattle fix.

The dreaded door handle cover rattle has resurfaced on the old bus today, really annoying as well, I could hear it earleir in the week.
I've done both fronts some years ago and touch wood they have been good as gold.
also did the fix to the offside rear last yeat , and now the nearside rear handle cover is misbehaving.
Oh well another job for this weekend, anti-rattle fix.
My passenger side cover rattles like anything when I’ve got the tunes on. Whats this magical anti rattle fix you speak of? Think I need to add it to the list

Blue tack and double sided tape.
a bit fiddy but never fails.

Reactions: Rob Avant
You need to use in conjuction with double sided tape, its a bit fiddy but works a treat.
worse bit is getting the cover off , well it was for me..lol

You need to use in conjuction with double sided tape, its a bit fiddy but works a treat.
worse bit is getting the cover off , well it was for me..lol
I’ve got some thin 3M doubled sided foam tape, might give that a try. Agreed, getting the cover off isn’t fun!

I’ve got some thin 3M doubled sided foam tape, might give that a try. Agreed, getting the cover off isn’t fun!
worth a go, I used wide masking tape on the paintwork all around the handle just to ensure i didn't take half the paint off in the process..lol

Reactions: Rob Avant