Door Edge Warning Light, Query?

Xerohour

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Its been a while since I've posted so please excuse me if this squery is a silly one but my door edge warning light has failed. Now im a realively practical electronic engineer but this one has me stumped. The bulb has obviously failed but unlike every other bulb housing on the car (including the puddle lights) there appears to be no recess or catch for removing the housing from the door card. Now before i end up sticking a flat bladed screw driver in there to remove it i just wanted to check if anyone knows of a novel way for removing this annoying blighter!

Many thanks and heres a pic of the housing in question!

ac335f2f.jpg

yeah screw driver on the edge of it lol i dont think there's any other way apart from taking off your door panel and thats alot of work for a bulb

I thought i would be, I just hope it doent rag the edge up all nasty! Cheers

Have a practice on the boot light - it's the same principle as far as I recollect !

One edge has a spring clip which you carefully prise out and then all becomes obvious !

lol yeah i know what you mean one way to try and prevent that is put a thin bit of cloth around the screw driver so it shouldnt mark it so much if any ,just be carefull you should be ok , i think there might be a little recess on the light so you can get a screw driver in there but not 100% sure on that one soz

There is a slight recess in all these plastic housings so you can prise them of, just do it slowly with patients or you'll break the tabs.

There is a slight recess in all these plastic housings so you can prise them of, just do it slowly with patients or you'll break the tabs.

By the way this might sound daft but a lot of these are just reflectors so first are you sure it's definately a light ( don't be offended) and if it is there is no recess on these lights but they have to be removed top to bottom as the wiring plugs in at the bottom. You need to push the screwdriver or whatever in about 10mm to release the tab holding it in !

Mine are just reflectors as you say, but he said he has puddle lights and I'm guessing they come together?

By the way this might sound daft but a lot of these are just reflectors so first are you sure it's definately a light ( don't be offended) and if it is there is no recess on these lights but they have to be removed top to bottom as the wiring plugs in at the bottom. You need to push the screwdriver or whatever in about 10mm to release the tab holding it in !

Not offended, but where you push the screwdriver or something flat in to release them from the fitment, there is a slight recess/slot there so you can actually get something behind it anyway, that was my point mate.