Door Control Module Replacement

ChrisSalter

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've recently had an issue where my rear left door stopped locking/unlocking, I've bought a replacement module and fitted it but there is still no activity at all,

Normally i would hook up with VCDS but i think i stupidly left my cable in the glove box of my old car :sob: as i can't find it anywhere so i'm working blind

Do new modules need to be coded in? i know that they are pre-configured for a particular corner but the complete lack of activity is making me suspicious

Can anyone help?

Versions differ in wiring if it's not a matching part or superseded to the part you've replaced with & usually has some coding within unless it's new & blanked to be coded to your car.

Versions differ in wiring if it's not a matching part or superseded to the part you've replaced with & usually has some coding within unless it's new & blanked to be coded to your car.
Bummer! Just my luck, the replacement module is second hand so it certainly won't be blank, Look's like i'm going to need to take it in because a new cable is well out of my budget at present :-(

Whereabouts are you based?

Audi charge £100 an hour btw & more closer to London.

What's the old & new part numbers?

Is that the same as the old one?

Whereabouts are you based?

Well either it's blank, faulty or another issue is afoot.

I'd have a look at the issue but it would be chargeable, but cheaper than Audi I'm sure off.

Pm if of interest.

Thanks for the offer, i've been doing a bit of research and have a few things to look at, including the possibility of a wiring issue, i didnt really want to start pulling off trim panels to test but i think i need to do so before getting too financially involved, "check the free things first" and so on haha

i've also ordered a carista OBD adapter as that is within my current budget and claims to be able to tell me if there is anything wrong, so it's a starting point at least and the way it failed seemed to go from intermittent to permanent so a broken wire could well be the cause

I'll definitely keep you in mind though, where are you based?