Door catching wing

gselliott

Reaction score
I have noticed over the last day or so that the bottom of drivers side door is catching on the wing, it looks like the door has dropped slightly as the the wing all looks ok (I think).

Is there any way of re-adjusting the door so it clears the wing?

I have attached a picture of the door / wing (needs a wash) so you can see the gap between the door and wing. You can see on the bottom of the door where it has been catching and the paint has started to come away.

Thanks.

Not off the top of my head. I'll have a gander at mine in the morning. Should be just a matter of opening the door and loosening the bolts on the hinge slightly, then lift the door while it's nearly closed the open up while taking the strain and have someone tighten the bolts

Cheers appreciate that, I'll give that a go at the weekend when I've got some time.

Check the locking pin under the black plastic cover on the hinges. They come loose and door drops.

Thanks both, I'll check the locking pin tomorrow and if that doesn't work I'll try the hinges at the weekend!

If there is no play (Grab the door at the bottom rear with it nearly closed and lift up) then the panels may of moved, probably where the hinge is bolted to the door.
To fix lift door up from the bottom to reset the distortion. May need to gentry use a trilley jack and a pad.
Normally hinges don't need to be touched.

Just an update, had a go with the jack and managed to get the door back in line.

Thanks for your help!