door blade/bumper plastics colour code????

tanjaz

Reaction score
Hi does anyone have the correct colour code for the satin finish on the door blades and front rear bumper grilles/plastic?

Thanks jaz

i'm guessing they don't have a colour code,. as they are just molded plastic.

They are plastic but they get painted as they come primed from the factory. I can mix it and get it close or might change colour of them but if i can get exact would be better. want to paint them at the weekend that was all.

cheers jaz

Good luck with this - I was never able to find out from my local stealer. Their explanation was that the colour fades over time, so if you sprayed it the colour 'as new' it wouldn't match the existing blade on that side of the car.

As you say, they are supplied primed, but they do need a spray of some description. I've just lived with mine scuffed for the last 5 years.

Guess i will have to mix it then lol. Might mix a load and sell it on lol. Thanks tho chaps.

regards jaz

Let me know if you ever find out as I have a front vallace that needs spraying in the matching grey!

Cheers

Let me know if you ever find out as I have a front vallace that needs spraying in the matching grey!

Cheers

I've got this but its saved on an email at work. Will post it here on Monday.

Cheers,
Patrick.

Hi Jaz,

The colour code is L7DL. I've got the various mixing quantities aswell if you have any troubles at the panel shop.
Strongly recommend getting the B pillars done in gloss black while your there too.

Cheers,
Patrick.