door arm rest

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hi all ive noticed that on my drivers door arm rest that there is a small crack on it and its getting worse is it possable to buy just the arm rest from a breakers or audi if need be or do i have to shell out for a complete new door card or am i able to fix it myself its only small now but i dont want it to get bigger as it would look really bad :sos:

i know exactly the part you mean, i think this is a common problem, friend of mine has the part number if no one turns up with it here il give him a shout tomorrow

i really don't know mate, but he mentioned it to me a few weeks ago as he'd bought one! might be reasonable enough, in my experience if you order the part then call back the next day or whatever to collect and pay for it you can talk up to 20% off anyways

I have the same problem too. Had a quote from the stealership of £55! And that was just for the pad and not the entire door card! Needless to say I didn't buy buy it. Been looking on eBay but rarely do they come up!

sounds like a common problem as said so will try a few breakers first before taking a deep breath and phoning the stealers lol

lol yeah thats true it does a bit but if it gets any worse then it will alot as i can see it everytime i open the door

I may have 1 somewhere at home.

I have the exact same problem. I think it's from whenever I open the door, I always push that area to open it. Found a video of how it can be repaired. Not too sure where to get the kit from or how much it will cost though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the part number at home - will get it this evening.

The crack will only get worse and will end up nipping your elbow.

The part is reasonablye enough, I dont think it cost as much as £30 but I will look later this evening.

I have this problem on my drivers door too.........sounds like we may have a case for a GB anyone want to look into it :)

I have the part number at home - will get it this evening.

The crack will only get worse and will end up nipping your elbow.

The part is reasonablye enough, I dont think it cost as much as £30 but I will look later this evening.
cheers boydie you sound like you have had this problem before lol

Mine had a crack from the elbow rests on it when I bought the car and it progressively got worse. Managed to get a replacement with the 2nd interior. :)