1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Donkeys BiTDi

DonkeyIce Oct 25, 2017

1. DonkeyIce

DonkeyIce Registered User

Hi all, long time lurker, thought I’d introduce myself finally.
    Had my BiT about 3 years now (2013 MY) quite a big spec
    - black edition
    - dynamic steering
    - Quattro sport diff
    - sline sports suspension
    - tech pack plus with ACC and connect

A bit of a messer with VCDS so got shift lights, ambient lighting, VIM, motorway mode activated.

Finally got round to a bit of tuning and fitted a TDi tuning box, lovely bit of kit and only took 1/2 hr to fit and route cables, nice extra bit of torque there now and taken out a bit of a torque dip too. Next stage will be filters and air box.

Love the car really unsure what I would replace it with when I get that way, took a S4 out as fancied one, so underwhelmed by it, was a pleasure getting back in mine, even on the twistys mine felt better and planted, anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojo and Sandra like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Sounds like a nice car. Do you have any pics? Hope you enjoy the forum :)

4. DonkeyIce

That would help! thanks

Attached Files:

5. fafa

fafa Registered User

Was it the new model S4 you took out? It's been on my mind to try one out. What did you find underwhelming about it?

6. DonkeyIce

I suppose I was expecting more drama and noise from it with all the hype round it. The power delivery yes was smooth but I felt it didn’t really get going, I know I drive a torque monster but it really felt lacking. It a nice place to be with the modern tech but engine wise it was a bit meh. I don’t think the demo I had was fitted with the sports diff either so I don’t think the handling comparison would be fair, the dealer was pants also so put a dampener on the day to begin with.
    Tuning box fitted to mine a few weeks back so enjoying that now until I get bored again or get tempted down the AMG route

7. evans1089

evans1089 Registered User

What’s motorway mode?

8. The Black Panther

The Black Panther Adventurer !

My tune is a bit more dramatic :) and hence addictive to drive.