Domino's Pizza B*stards

sub39h

Reaction score
[rant]I called my local Domino's as i couldn't be bothered to cook today. they're kess than a 5 minute walk away and it seemed like a sensible thing to do. i called and asked about their any pizza, any size £6.99 collection deal. i forgot what time she said it'd be ready, so i called back and was told about 10 minutes but as i set off to collect it the delivery driver turns up (i can't believe he drove - i can see the back of the building from my window) and asked for £9.99.

may seem a little tight but i'm not paying £3 for a 5 minute walk so i called the store and explained the situation. the lady put the manager on the phone and he said that the girl i'd ordered the pizza off had confirmed that i wanted it delivered, despite me asking about the £6.99 offer. i politely (honestly) explained this to the manager who said that he had been told something different. (what ever happened to the customer is always right?) anyways after a bit of an argument he said he'd give it to me for £6.99, but after basically being called a liar i was so infuriated i refused to give him my money and told him i didn't want the pizza anymore. he said if i refused the pizza that i'd be blacklisted from ordering there again - which would be cheeky, except i have no intention of ordering there again.

why is the world filled with such pr*cks?

PS - i have man flu.[/rant]

haha what a random thing to rant about, we get he same sort of crap from the domino's dribblers as we like to call them!! pizza hut are soooo much better

But dominoes do better pizzas!

A mate of mine royally confused them once. We stopped in on the way home and the asian chap behind the counter asked what we'd like. The reply - "A pizza." Fairly amusing I thought, the Dominoes bloke gave him a weak smile and played along by asking which pizza? "A round one." At this point I had to leave the shop due to crying laughing...

I was just furious because of how rude he was. And "blacklisting" me because of their mistake. Had to vent somewhere just happened to choose here lol.

Domino's don't do better pizza imho. Leave that job to Papa John's - only problem is Domino's gives me a 50% NHS discount, had I not have been getting a large for £6.99 anyways.

For 1 minute I thought this was an Aythreeeee thread.

1st dominos dont sell pizzas, its just something they like to call Pizza.

2nd if you think what they sell resembles a real pizza then you deserve the £3 charge extra :p

3rd & lastly, why the hell after getting what you want would you refuse the pizza, so he called you a liar & gave you what you asked for, big deal, get over it already.

Oh & 4th, are you still hungry :p

Lol must be something about owners of 2.0Ts hey?

Your opinion on pizza doesn't count because you live in Italy. Never been to Italy personally, but had fresh pizza on the Swiss-Italian border and as you quite rightly say calling anything from Domino's a pizza is blasphemy in comparison.

In regards to getting what I wanted and turning it down it was the principle of the matter. I'm not gonna have the representative of an organisation undermine my character and then still hand them over my money. May be a slightly stubborn and proud way of looking at it but personally I couldn't care less if I didn't have another Domino's again. I've not ordered from there in 4 years anyways lol.

In regards to me being hungry I have had a sizeable meal but yes I'm still hungry. I eat a lot lol.

Last edited:
I was just furious because of how rude he was. And "blacklisting" me because of their mistake. Had to vent somewhere just happened to choose here lol.

Sorry to say bud, but I'm in the fastfood delivery trade, and after agreeing to the correct price and you refused the food, I would blacklist you too. You wasted a perfectly good meal from my point of view, so I wouldn't deliver to you again, irrespective of whether you or I am in the wrong.

Hope you can see things from my perspective, though I doubt I'd have been rude to any customer over the phone in the first place unless provoked to do so, as I pride myself in customer service.

Nah I started to eat proper pizzas tbh at my UK location many moons ago, even if its a english restaurant, place round the corner has authentic italian chef's there & what they made for me was outstanding, quattro stagioni everytime mxed up, ah used to dribble at the thought, lmfao, funny this thread as we had 14 friends round tonite, 8 of us had pizza, was buona.

amazes me why people pay £9.99 for 1!!!!! pizza, absolute rip off. Nextdoor to my dominos is a family run pizza restaurant which delivers. He does a fully loaded with toppings 16" for £4 that's made with fresh dough and all fresh ingredients, needless to say the dominos that opened nextdoor to him a few years ago doesn't get much trade.

Sorry to say bud, but I'm in the fastfood delivery trade, and after agreeing to the correct price and you refused the food, I would blacklist you too. You wasted a perfectly good meal from my point of view, so I wouldn't deliver to you again, irrespective of whether you or I am in the wrong.

Hope you can see things from my perspective, though I doubt I'd have been rude to any customer over the phone in the first place unless provoked to do so, as I pride myself in customer service.

I felt bad for wasting food, don't get me wrong. And I'm glad to hear you wouldn't be rude to customers. He wasn't provoked. Do you understand why blacklisting is an empty threat tho? The manager was naive if he thought I'd be ordering there again. It's just the principle of the matter. You don't call a customer wrong, and then blacklist them because he refuses to accept you correcting your own mistake after you've insulted him.

Write a formal complaint to Domino's mate and report the manager!

I did lol. Normally I don't bother with that kind of thing but I was feeling particularly ****** off this time. I'm still in disbelief at how he spoke to me. I was gonna walk to the store and drag him over the counter.

amazes me why people pay £9.99 for 1!!!!! pizza, absolute rip off. Nextdoor to my dominos is a family run pizza restaurant which delivers. He does a fully loaded with toppings 16" for £4 that's made with fresh dough and all fresh ingredients, needless to say the dominos that opened nextdoor to him a few years ago doesn't get much trade.

I'm in agreement with that, although I live in Birmingham (and have done for 5 years now) and without exception the take away is ***** here. I don't understand how the food can be so bad. Pizzas are bad, Chinese is bad, fish & chips is bad (tho I'm a northern lad so it was bound to be bad lol). I don't get how everything can be so bad!

I felt bad for wasting food, don't get me wrong. And I'm glad to hear you wouldn't be rude to customers. He wasn't provoked. Do you understand why blacklisting is an empty threat tho? The manager was naive if he thought I'd be ordering there again. It's just the principle of the matter. You don't call a customer wrong, and then blacklist them because he refuses to accept you correcting your own mistake after you've insulted him.

I totally understand the priciple side of things, I have lost a couple of customers on the basis of principle, where both me and the customer couldn't come to agreement, so I have blacklisted them, even though they have been a customer with me for over 10 years+. I've never used 'blacklisting' as we are calling it as a form of a threat in my trade to be honest, it's just a refusal to deliver to certain addresses, there's nothing to stop you from popping into the shop to order food still....

I'm in agreement with that, although I live in Birmingham (and have done for 5 years now) and without exception the take away is ***** here. I don't understand how the food can be so bad. Pizzas are bad, Chinese is bad, fish & chips is bad (tho I'm a northern lad so it was bound to be bad lol). I don't get how everything can be so bad!

I'm almost offended here! lol Where abouts in brum are you, my trade is in Birmingham, you're just going to the wrong places for your food! lol And don't tell me you decided to order a domino's after seeing a load of kids walking about in Pizza boxes for the last 5 days!!

I'm almost offended here! lol Where abouts in brum are you, my trade is in Birmingham, you're just going to the wrong places for your food! lol And don't tell me you decided to order a domino's after seeing a load of kids walking about in Pizza boxes for the last 5 days!!

i did, but that's kinda irrelevant. i get 50% NHS discount at Domino's anyway, so that offer only saved me £1 over what i would normally have paid.

right then, so where's your place? i'd be happy to be proven wrong on this. i live by the AMC in town

Last edited:
right then, so where's your place? i'd be happy to be proven wrong on this. i live by the AMC in town

Bit too far for me to deliver lol, there's not maney fast food joints that deliver to that area right? I mean you're a stones throw away from Broad Street, that's where the action is!

Sorry to hear about your pizza nightmare, but if it's any consolation I had a pizza last night and thoroughly enjoyed it:

piz0.jpg

Might have the remaining slices for a mid-afternoon snack. :yes:

Sorry to hear about your pizza nightmare, but if it's any consolation I had a pizza last night and thoroughly enjoyed it:

piz0.jpg

Might have the remaining slices for a mid-afternoon snack. :yes:

nah it's fine lol... Papa John's is good, but a tad expensive. when i used to get student deals it was sometimes worth but it probs not anymore unfortunately!

nah it's fine lol... Papa John's is good, but a tad expensive. when i used to get student deals it was sometimes worth but it probs not anymore unfortunately!

Yeah they can be a costly. They do some good offers sometimes though.
Similar to you, I got into a bit of an argument with them over an offer too. It was one that gives you any size pizza for £9.99, so even though I struggle to eat a medium one on my own I ordered a XXL or something like that just because it costs the same.

You had to enter the offer code at the checkout to get the deal or you end up paying about £20 for the pizza.
So... I added the pizza I wanted to the basket, entered the code, then changed my mind so removed that pizza and added a different one, BUT didn't notice that any change you make to your basket removes the offer code too and you have to re-enter it to get the new pizza at the reduced price.
I didn't re-enter it.
I only noticed something wasn't right the next morning when I looked at the receipt stuck to the pizza box quoting a price of about £20.

Called Papa and asked them to refund the overcharge but they said they couldn't and I'd have to contact ****** head office.
Did that and the woman there wanted all sorts of info about the pizza/store/code/offer/etc etc etc.

After telling me that the offer didn't exist (had to email her proof of it FROM THEIR OWN ****** WEBSITE), she carried out an INVESTIGATION, and then sent me an email saying i'd get the refund within a few days.

I guess it wasn't totally their fault, I should've checked the final price at the checkout, but their website is crap and they should know that as soon as a man sees "XXL pizza for £9.99" the only thing we are thinking about from then on is... which pizza has the most toppings on it!

So was then it worth it lol. If it was a tenner's worth of effort you broke even no?

Its all about Caspians in Brum!!!

The Bombay Bad Boy - Spicy Chicken Mince, Lamb Donner, Chilli Sauce Base, Onion, Jalapenos, Green Chillis, Cheese and Tomato - With an Ice Cold Beer to wash it down, lovely!!!

Jo' takeaway is worth the trip too, very tasty :)

As for Domino's what is with all the people dressed up as boxes around Shirley and Solihull, they must be mad or getting paid mega bucks for standing about all day looking like divs freezing their nuts/t1ts off!!!

In reality they are probably not mad nor getting paid mega bucks, but hey ho, someones got to do it!!!!

Its all about Caspians in Brum!!!

(i'm about to open a can of worms here i feel)

i don't eat halal meat (or kosher for that matter) if i can help it. that rules out a lot of places i can eat in birmingham, caspian's included!

Why's that?

It was only two years ago that the guy who supplys chicken to most of the takeaways in brum was convicted of selling unfit meat. Who is to say that one of his relatives hasn't taken over his business?

Cook it yourself, much safer.

I eat Kosher as they do fantastic steaks, nothing to do with the religeon of it, but I don't eat halal. I have seen how its delivered round here, dropped in the road and delivered in a dirty mechanics and builders van are amongst a few reasons.

Why's that?

It was only two years ago that the guy who supplys chicken to most of the takeaways in brum was convicted of selling unfit meat. Who is to say that one of his relatives hasn't taken over his business?

Cook it yourself, much safer.

I eat Kosher as they do fantastic steaks, nothing to do with the religeon of it, but I don't eat halal. I have seen how its delivered round here, dropped in the road and delivered in a dirty mechanics and builders van are amongst a few reasons.

well the quality of the meat is partly the issue - usually halal meat is of poorer quality.

but with both of them it's an ethical choice. i don't agree with the way the animal is killed. some say that i shouldn't care how an animal is killed because killing them is the cruellest thing you can do to it. i totally disagree with that. you may be killing an animal but it's wrong to let it suffer in the process which is what the kosher and halal way of preparation does.

i'm not one of those that says that it should be banned in western society because it's a part of someone's religion and i believe that people have a right to practice their religion irrespective of what i believe of their views. but personally i don't support it and hence i avoid it whereever possible.

the asda create your own pizza are lovely

take 10 mins to cook and u can get the nice 12" for 3 quid like above. i like the american hot one :D

all about thin though not deep pan

I have owned 2 Domino's stores for few years.
First thing that you learn before becoming an employee is that "Customer is always right".
Manager who was dealing with your complaint should get bollocking from the owner.
I have dealt with many people on the phone complaining about things you wouldn't even imagine but at the end they payed my bills and they were always getting what they wanted.
First thing you should do is write an email which you can find on every menu. This email goes straight to owner or area supervisor.
I can bet you will get a nice voucher for a free food.
And blacklisted? Use another phone number next time when you call and they will have no idea it's you.
Just out of curiosity, which city you're in?

Agree about the Halal thing, but again being around Brum, I would probably say at least 70-80% of the places are like that anyway, so sometimes I just bite the bullet and eat it...lol.

jojo - I'm not gonna write about dominos business side, mainly because I had too many reasons to sell my stores.

First thing that you learn before becoming an employee is that "Customer is always right".

Seems to have been removed from the "Unwritten General Business Code of Practice".

Like the time a load of us went to Prezzo in Cheltenham a while back. The miserable waitress brought out some dishes, one of whcih nobody had ordered. After a moment of lookin confused she turned to my sister's boyfriend and asked if he'd ordered it, to which he replied "No, I ordered XYZ".

"No you didn't you ordered this"

Wrong! He then told her not to tell him what he'd ordered and to take the food back to the kitchen...

On a slightly unrelated topic, what's the deal with automatically adding a 10/15% service charge to my bill? Particularly annoying when I found it added to my bill at the sushi bar in the O2. Service charge for what?! I sat myself down and picked my own food off the belt. All you did was bring the bill! Needless to say I crossed it off the bill...

On a slightly unrelated topic, what's the deal with automatically adding a 10/15% service charge to my bill? Particularly annoying when I found it added to my bill at the sushi bar in the O2. Service charge for what?! I sat myself down and picked my own food off the belt. All you did was bring the bill! Needless to say I crossed it off the bill...

It's even worse when they automatically add service charge to your bill, you don't notice it, so you calculate a further 10% and add that to the bill too.

I tried Dominos once and only once, pretty poor service wasnt even hot and i picked it up in person...

I always go for Perfect Pizza or a spicy chicken pizza from Morrisons £3.69 BARGAIN!

Well i can honestly say that my whole workplace got about 5 pizza's from dominoe's in chorton , we were working late , i can honestly say it went in pizza and came out liquid ...looooooooooool , never again .. and that was all of us..

Then i meat a few people who have said the same about chorlton dominoe's , they must be bumming the doe or somthing ..haha !!

Dominos can ****** right off. If I have a pizza, I want the biggest one they do, because I am a greedy git.

They want £14.99 at my local Dominos for a large meat feast.

Answer? Swivel.

I can get a super size donner kebab for that, with a free can of Dr P. Dodgy kebab van here I come....

Dominos can ****** right off. If I have a pizza, I want the biggest one they do, because I am a greedy git.

They want £14.99 at my local Dominos for a large meat feast.

Answer? Swivel.

I can get a super size donner kebab for that, with a free can of Dr P. Dodgy kebab van here I come....

can get 3 large doners at our kebab van for that with the usual free cans of drink (why do they do that? not complaining but jus wondered)

i had a dodgy stomach last time i had dominos i think its the meatballs!