1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Dogs in Car

Kakatk Apr 9, 2018

1. Kakatk

Kakatk Registered User

My wife likes to take the dogs with her every where she goes & occasionally leaves them locked in the car typically for about 30 mins. If the conditions are suitable ie not to hot.
    What she wants to do is lock the car with the windows open an inch or 2 (25-50mm for the non imperial out there) so the are ok.
    The problem is you can lock the car & deactivate the internal sensors by locking the car twice within 2 seconds but you can’t do this with the windows open, as far as I can tell. Is there anyway of achieving this?
    Thanks in anticipation

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Jsmills

Jsmills Registered User

there's a button on the edge of the open drivers door that disables the interior sensors.

simples......

4. TripleD

TripleD Audi S4 Avant Owner

What he said

5. mxnrg

mxnrg Registered User

Do you have a panoramic roof? I guess you can lift that open bit and still set the alarm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. Kakatk

Kakatk Registered User

Unfortunately not, I didn’t have the funds & it wasn’t used much in the previous car.

7. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

I believe you can also set the mmi so it asks for full guard or not?

8. Kakatk

Kakatk Registered User

Thanks for that I will investigate tonight

9. TC18

TC18 Registered User

I’ve been looking to do the same thing. It seems as though Audi stopped putting the button on to switch off the interior motion sensors and replaced it by the double tap on the keyfob. which means I’ve in fact been turning off the sensors every time I lock the car :blink: if you find a solution to being able to leave the window slightly open, please update :icon thumright:

10. Kakatk

Kakatk Registered User

I have had a search around the MMI settings as suggested but cannot find an option to deactivate interior sensors there so the only option at present is to leave the windows closed. That’s OK at this time of year but in the summer months wouldn’t be acceptable.

11. Spaceman_RS3

Spaceman_RS3 Registered User

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Kakatk

Kakatk Registered User

14. Spaceman_RS3

Infact you want me to try it on my s4 avant? See it locks ok?

15. Kakatk

Kakatk Registered User

Thanks for the offer, that would be very useful & the length/model number or reference would be helpful if it’s not to much of an imposition.

16. Spaceman_RS3

I’ll ask him for it and try it, I’ll see if he’s about tomorrow