Dogbone Polyflex Bushes

willh92

Reaction score
Hi all,

Probably been covered before i'm sure but where do people buy the Polyflex bushes for the dog bone engine mount from, off of ebay or a specific website?

When changing it, do you have to stick a jack under the engine or simply unbolt it and swap the bushes over?

Cheers

Will

I got mine from C&R Enterprises off eBay. I went for the Black Series 'cos I'm not a fanny :lick:

I jacked up the gearbox with a bit of wood on the jack, it helps with getting the bolts in and out.

Got mine off eBay as well. Went for the red one i have a daily runner.

And no didn't do any jacking just put the car on the lift and changed the thing.

Quite a few places - ebay, dpm performance, Awesome gti, psi tuning to name a few. There are different colours of bush which refers to their firmness. Red bush = Tdi bush (softest), Yellow (med), Black which is supposedly racing spec etc. I went for the rear red bush and it's make a positive difference and has no negative impacts so far.

The dogbone has a small circular bush at the front and a 2 part bush at the rear of the mount. You can also buy new mounts with the bushes already installed. I've just had an ecs mount today :)

I've seen somewhere that the engine may drop a little when removing the mount and therefore supporting it will make changing the mount easier.

I think I'm right on this stuff, please correct me if wrong :keule:

Hope this helps.

ok cheers for the help, think i'll get looking for a red mount for both the front and rear!

Not sure what types the front small bush comes in and I think it can be harder to remove/fit. The rear bush should be very easy slide off slide on.

Good luck bud :thumbs up:

Reactions: willh92
My engine didn't move when I took it off and it went easy off and on. And there is a diy somewhere in here that explains well how to change the front circular one. Its easy just dril a few holes in the ruber and than use a metal saw to cut the plastic ring. Make shore you don't cut the mount :)