Dogbone mount

ben_harmer32

Reaction score
Went to the garage today to have my dogbone mount changed as there's a bang/clunk when I change gears. Garage started to do it but when undoing the middle bolt it started leaking gearbox oil.

is this normal?

Garage said aid they would ony do it if they fully drained the gearbox first, so gave up for the day and left.

Not at all, it's got nothing to do with the gearbox oil. I can't see why that is happening from a dogbone change.

Fluid was dripping out when undoing the middle bolt. Is it possible if the gearbox oil was spilt when filling it might of collected behind somehow?

Had to check as this was niggling me... the dog bone bolts to the bell housing not anywhere near the internals of the box... the oil is not coming from there...

Here is one I did earlier

20130505_170533.jpg

<tuffty/>

Sorry, small hijack. tuffty, is that purple bush the powerflex one? If so, could you say whether that bush in particular emphasises cabin vibrations? Going to fit the red (in your case yellow) bush, but in two minds over the purple bush. Any experience with the superpro equivalent?

<hijack/>

oh dear, not good

just checked on my spare box, that bolt hole goes all the way through the bell houisng, so any fluid collecting in there will come out when you undo
it could be two things
gearbox oil, leaky input shaft seal in gearbox
engine oil, leaky rear main seal
both are gearbox out jobbies and possible new clutch plate

Kind of related where youve highlighted the bolt for dogbone bush mines cracked on gearbox any1 know if any ways to sort this or is it as simple as new gearbox