dog bone bush best one ?

Daniel Thomson

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a done bone bush for the audi s3 2001
can someone point me in the right way on the best one to buy ?, dont want one that will rattle my dash like mad, what are these like any way, anyone has any sites where i casn buy one ?

thanks

cheer for that mate, whats rong with the yellow one ? whats the different between the yellow and the red one.

thanks

I've been told the super pro mount is good
I have a yellow powerflex and it was very hard but now it's worn in its fine

i have a yellow one fitted. i cant compare it to the red one as never had one myself. i didnt find it too hard, but like Aaron said, its fine now its worn in. but can still notice the difference to standard

Yellow is very harsh with alot of vibration. I have the red and found a vast improvement and a little bit of cabin vibration, but this will fade away a bit in the next couple of weeks. Well recomended.

i got the yellow one fitted today, after the car idled, while stationary it sounded like a diesel loool

pulling off from a stand still is allot first and you do get vibrations but its not unbearable, i kinda like it

Ive tried both the yellow and red and IMO the yellow one was shocking (literally) you need a good set of knashers for that ******,
didnt wait for it to bed in though..about a week that was enough for me, put the red one on and it was heaven... :icon_thumright:

i put a red one on after getting my stage 1 remap as i noticed my engine moving about quite alot when rev`d this has tightened things up and as mentioned before made gearchanges smoother.

I only have a slight vibration at idle now but its only been fitted for a few hundred miles so may get better but its not that bad anyway.

i put a red one on after getting my stage 1 remap as i noticed my engine moving about quite alot when rev`d this has tightened things up and as mentioned before made gearchanges smoother.

I only have a slight vibration at idle now but its only been fitted for a few hundred miles so may get better but its not that bad anyway.

It will get better mate.

It will get better mate.

Cheers mate thought it might but as said its only at idle and its nothing bad really just a little more noticible through the steering wheel compared to how it was OEM.

What are the benefits of these things?

(apologies to hijack a thread) :whistle2:

Over time, you will find the S3 crunches into 3rd gear at high revs due to engine movement, this mount reduces this, I certainly don't remember the last time I crunched it since having it fitted!

Reactions: Roadtrain
I'm also in the process of buying a dog bone bush as I'm having my 3" downpipe fitted some time this week! Red or yellow. That is the question :/ how bad is the yellow really? Unbareable? Gunna grab one tomorrow or Friday!

i dont find it unbareable. numerous ppl have driven my car, dad, mum, misses and a few mates and no one has ever complained of 'horrendous' vibrations.

i admit on idle in traffic, steering wheel does vibrate...but as soon as you pull away, its gone and gear changes are spot on.

If I fit the yellow one and turn up the idle with Lemiwinks wouldn't this loose some of the idle vibration? It did work on my polo with vibra technics dogbone?

Hi buddy - just had the red dog bone mount fitted on mine today and like you experiencing slight vibrations on idle and pull away... As Westy has assured me it should get better. Has yours settled down at all yet?

^^^ don't worry mate, when I put my red ones in the vibrations were quite bad tbh. But after a while it just went back to normal, so yes just drive normally and it will feel like oem.

Has anyone replaced the smaller one on the other end of the mount?

^^^ don't worry mate, when I put my red ones in the vibrations were quite bad tbh. But after a while it just went back to normal, so yes just drive normally and it will feel like oem.

Cheers Darren - yeah will run it for a few hundred miles and see how I get on. How long did yours take to settle?

Just drive it and stop worrying :whistle2:

LOL I am and it's rattlingggggggg :sob: Ok ok I will - I'll hold you personally responsible if it doesn't settle hehe! :p

2 x 13mm and a 16mm bolt, switch bush over and tighten back up.

Cheers Darren - yeah will run it for a few hundred miles and see how I get on. How long did yours take to settle?

Not long at all, don't drive my car much and it took around 2-3 weeks before I remembered I had them on lol

I got the yellow, not tried the red but yellow made a massive difference and none of this vibration people are on about!

Yep, did mine today too with a red one, vibrations pretty much non-existent.

I have read that if you do the middle bolt up too tight then that can cause too much vibration as you're compressing the bush too much before it's even working on the car.

I never found the vibration an issue, dare I say it I quite like it! I really missed it when going from Prawns to my girlfriends car.

I also have solid engine mounts, now THEY make a difference!

Reactions: Massey127