Does your radio turn off on its own ???

MJR

Reaction score
So weird, i was driving home yesterday, only 20 miles from work to my house, I'm about half way home and my radio decides to just turn off, personally i thought the music i selected was pretty good but obviously my car thinks otherwise, lol, anyway, i touch the button and it comes back on as if nothing ever happened, this has happened several times in the last few months during a drive, does anyone else have this issue?

(Audi A3 2.0 TDI - Sport 2005)

My 07 tdi done this a couple of weeks ago but hasn't done it since, I read that some of them will turn off after half an hour if you don't touch anything but I'm constantly fiddling with the radio so still a mystery :wtf:

Reactions: MJR
could be a perverted radio and likes to be touched

Hey, I used to have the problem with my A3 when I bought it. Previous owner had the hands free removed. Turns out one of the cables behind wasn't plugged in which cause the radio to turn off by itself after about an hour. Otherwise the radio worked fine. You had any work done around the back of the radio? its worth a look. Here's a photo of what was unplugged.

IMG 03871

Reactions: MJR
Hi pwilliamson, thanks for the pic, i bought my car in Feb (14) so no idea if the previous owner ever messed with it, ill have to figure out how to remove the radio and have a look!

Yes it could be wiring if its not getting the signals to state the cars running.