Does your A3/S3 Spit Flames...

beanoir

Large Member
Reaction score
I just got overtaken by a fella in an S3 (dark blue '02 plate) on the Maldon by-pass and as he went past he spat flames from the exhaust, is that the cool look for the kids these days..?

Well I would not mind mine to do a bang or pop when ya change gear but it don't lol No to the flames tho

full exhaust i expect, manifold back de-cat etc will chuck out the unburnt fuel quicker causing flames, my s3 pops after a motorway blast and thats on standard exhaust just a remap

That was my uncle taking mine for a spin, presume yours is obviously silver ;-)
I thought mine only spits when hit egt protection at 7000 upwards but he only took it to about 5000
Had had a friend tell me it had one go right up as high as the rear light before and about the width of a football but I was absolutely punishing the car at that moment in time :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.725587,0.682520

Mine spits smoke, does that count? No smoke without fire!

Reactions: vivalacoulter
im spitting feathers..... get me down that pub!! happy new year :)

That was my uncle taking mine for a spin, presume yours is obviously silver ;-)
I thought mine only spits when hit egt protection at 7000 upwards but he only took it to about 5000
Had had a friend tell me it had one go right up as high as the rear light before and about the width of a football but I was absolutely punishing the car at that moment in time :)

Ahhh....hello! I wondered if you'd be on ASN, good to know of another local. I suspected yours was running a slightly spicier state of tune than mine, and the flames confirmed it.

Looked smart mate, does need a clean though ;)

I'm in South Woodham actually, not far. I'm normally in Maldon most weekends as my brother lives there and my parents too.

Well I don't think mine was looking that clean either if i'm honest, and i've got my pony little winter wheels on too - summer is a much better time for cars to look good eh?

Yeah definately did remember a thread that you started with your winter wheels, 16's iirc?
I've just got my hands on some superlegs for when the weather picks up and the ones you saw have currently got ad08's on them which i want to get off as soon as possible as want to save them for track and can't imagine them holding up brilliantly in the fine British weather over the next couple of months ;-)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.725633,0.682653

dont know about flames on mine (nobody has ever caught up to tell me lol) I get some very loud pops and bangs though so maybe in spitting flames.will have to join you guys at a trackday to find out

my A3 used to spit a few flames at full chat, put it down to the full exhaust and decat :busted_cop:

Do you mean like this:

Because yes, I do think that is awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
some flames...

bill is that an anti-lag set up? poppin nicely!

Do you mean like this:

Because yes, I do think that is awesome

Surely thats an actual flamer kit, spark in the zorst jobby? Do you think you could you get flames like that just on over run alone?

my old A3 used to spit the occasional flame, mainly on the change to second after proper havin it in first off the rev limiter style! . . I can only put it down to the de-cat and straight through zorst.

mine does.

3"DP/de-cat, straight thought centre section, OMP high flow back box. my MAF has broke so its over fueling alot. getting loads of pops and bangs at the moment

Mine seems to do it whenever i go past 7krpm, which is probably too often! Apparently the flames are quite big, sometimes up to the rear lights. I havent seen that myself though.

Last edited:
remember children, fire is dangerous... dont play with flames, petrol, cars..... and flamer kits..

this is what can happen... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
ha ha! . . To be fair, probs the best thing to do with a Cinquecento

I know it's deviating a little from the subject but just remembered this vid of an RX7 with what i believe to be some sort of serious anti-lag/launch control set up:

RX-7 catching on fire - YouTube

Now that is some proper over-fuelled, over-run, flamage action! . . Imagine that at the lights, phhhhhaa ha!