Does this sound about right? 3.2

Nezzy

Reaction score
3.2 DSG. Put in £30 gave me about 140miles and says that I averaged about 22-23mpg. It does suffer from the hesitation at the mo but hopefully will be sorted soon.
Mileage doesn't bother me too much as I dont do that many miles anyway but just curious.
My driving is mainly town and dual carriage way.

Cheers People :icon_thumright:

Yep, same as mine mate, doesn't bother me either.
The way I see it is you can have BHP or MPG but not both!

i wondered about this too... i put in £50 at a price of 113p a litre and it returned approx 250miles, averaged about the same 22-23mpg i think...

I get about 31mpg from my manual most days on the commute - 80% dual carriageway, 20% town. For stop/start yours sounds about right.

Most miles I have seen from a tank is 410 but that was constant 60-70mph on a run down to Exeter. Usually I get about 350 miles from a tank which covers the 300 mile commute and some miles on country roads at the weekend :)

I run it on V-Power or Tesco Momentum (99).

22-23 sounds about right mate. I do a lot of local driving and get about 22-24mpg (had the audi update). If I am doing A roads or long motorway drives i get 31-34 mpg.

Running on vpower I get 280 miles local and doing 70 on motorway long drive I get about 340.

Cheers people. I never planned on saving the planet when I purchased the car so knew it wouldn't
be particularly great but thought I'd best check.

Thanks again :)

If you are just crawling about town put 95 ron in it, save you a few bob. The 99ron is worth another 10bhp on the rollers but it comes in right at the top of the revs in arrestable territory.

I get about 10-15mpg with my R32 but i tend to grin like a mad man while driving it which makes it all seem worth while.

I always thought the car feels like it's got the hand brake on when using 95ron. Although the bhp is reduced the amount of torque was very noticable.
I used to get 22-26mpg unless I was being daft. on a long run (100 miles) I was expecting 30+ but got 24mpg