does the existence of red calipers mean a s4 has got the sports plus upgrade

sunshinewelly

Reaction score
Audiphoto
i am looking at getting an s4 and have seen a couple online for sale where the sports plus package is not listed yet cars have red calipers. just wondering if red calipers mean car has the sports plus package. how do i find out apart from speaking to dealer and maybe leading to car being increased in value. also this one has non standard alloys

I've never heard of a sports plus package for the S4 at all...

The red calipers are a cost option and that's all. Mine has them because I paid extra for them.

ahh i have been looking at some USA reviews which offer a sports package with adaptive suspension and steering and red calipers, its different for the UK market then. anyone know what these alloys are

Ah, yeah it's totally different for us here in the UK. There aren't any real performance packages for the S4 here and the brake caliper colour is just down to what people have specified when ordering the car. As for the wheels, no picture has come up so I can't help with that I'm afraid!

Strangely, it's there when I look on my phone but not on the computer...

They're the B8.5 'Dynamic' edition hollow wheels. Those cars got those lighter wheels and some cosmetic bits on the exterior to make them look more aggressive. :)

There the 18 “ they discontinued in favour of the multi spoke 19”

Reactions: Daggerit and Jsmills
There the 18 “ they discontinued in favour of the multi spoke 19”

You're spot on...

So is this not a b9 version S4

Yes it is, my previous post was wrong because I looked at the picture but not closely enough! They're similar to the ones I mentioned that were available on the B8.5 but @Spaceman_RS3 is right and these are the 18" wheels that were originally offered as standard on the S4 before they fairly quickly switched to 19" standard wheels. :)

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3