Does the 8V 2.0TFSI suffer from oil burn?

G

_G_

I remember my BWA engine was a nightmare. It made me leave Audi and become a BMW ***-hat. Now I have been eyeing up an 8V but won't touch one if they suffer from the usual problems.

Cheers

I checked my oil after 5k mile and it had hardly used any.
Topped up about half a litre.

Very same here on my S3 + MTM Stage 1. No pb so far :)

I've had to top up about 200ml after 1500 miles. Unlike Soulboy I consider this a lot after never having to add any oil to the TT in 30,000 miles, or two VWs over 9 years and over 100k.
I suppose it depends what you consider normal

I've done 5000 miles so far in my s3 and not had to top up yet. I was also very worried about oil burn issues after a bad experience with my a4 avant and audi's not give a toss attitude

I moved over from the A1 "twincharger" 1.4 TFSI to the S3 and was worried about this issue too. I think VAG engines seem to have a bit of a reputation for high oil usage.

For those that don't know the "twincharger" 1.4 TFSI suffers from high oil consumption - I went through 3 litres in 5000 miles! All quite normal according the Audi. After a while Audi agreed there was an issue and replaced a few parts that cured it.

My S3 has done 1450 miles in just over 4 months (mainly short journeys / spirited driving) and it's not used a drop. Happy with that......

1 year oil change service at 7k and have not had to add any oil.

The numbers people are quoting are quite reasonable I reckon.

I had an Alfa gtv with the v6 engine and 1 litre per 1000 miles was no cause for concern. The same for the 3.0l BMW Z4. I wouldn't worry too much unless it's going through a lot or you can see visible oil smoke (blueish tint) from the exhausts.

I had a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo once and that was the same. Bottle of oil every 1k miles.
The number of poeple who didnt do it and blew the engine up was very high.