does the 2.5tdi have a dpf?

karl210

Reaction score
Hi,
In the market for a new car and quite interested in an 2003 audi a4 2.5tdi quattro. But would ideally like a car without a dpf filter, do these have them? sorry if its been covered, ive done a search and read conflicting things.
Reason being I need a torque'y car that will happily tow another car all day long, would like 4wd, but I also do quite a lot of short journeys too, it will get its fair share of a long clear out though.
Thanks

No dpf on these...it does have pre-cat and 2 main cats, they can be easily deleted though...

Brilliant, thanks. I will get on the hunt for a new car then.
Recently had an 8l s3 then went to mk5 gti, then a few weeks ago sold it with intention of getting something 5dr for new baby, cheaper to run etc Ended up buying an 08 mazda 6 sport. Already want to go back to vag!

When looking for a 2.5TDi its preferable to find one on the fixed 10,000 service intervals.
Engines on the long-life servicing can suffer from cam wear.
Make sure you take the oil filler cap off and shine a torch down there - one cam lobe is visible and can quickly let you know wether to walk away.
Im only based down the road in Liverpool, so if you want a 2nd opinion or want a car looking over once you have bought - let me know. I have done quite abit on my 2.5 (camshaft change.etc)

Preferably to get a 2003 onwards v6 tdi with the cam roller heads...very few issues with these but still possible as the cams are hollow !

Thanks for the info guys, trying to read what I can so I dont make a mistake again, theres a lot to take in though.