Does REVO make a diff on 3.2

Steve-L

Reaction score
As the title says,

I know the BHP gains are between 10-15 and people mention faster gear changes but does it improve acceleration, i.e. 0-60 6.5 standard, 0-60 6.2 REVO.

Only experience I have of a chipped NA car is my mate's 156.
Throttle response is a vast improvement.
The 156 can be a bit breathless and wheezy at low revs,but it just picks up and goes now.
Less need for clutch slip etc.

I had my r32 APR'd and a miltek exhaust fitted (the miltek was just for the noise!) and it did sharpen it up a lot! percentage wise the gains seem very small but are definately noticeable.

J.

bowfer said:
Only experience I have of a chipped NA car is my mate's 156.
Throttle response is a vast improvement.
The 156 can be a bit breathless and wheezy at low revs,but it just picks up and goes now.
Less need for clutch slip etc.

You need to watch this throttle response thing, because they all have "fly by wire" throttles, a lot of companies also alter the foot pedal movement to throttle relationship which gives the impression of more power etc but in real terms gives nothing! my revo'ed 2.0 T also has this "quicker throttle" response and to be honest it would be better without it as it can make quick take offs a little harder to judge

The throttle response can be adjusted on the 3.2, it depends on your preference what it's set to. Most people want a sharper response, the remap tends to smooth out the drive and delivers more in the mid-range. it's not as noticable as the 2.0T or TDi, but it's still an improvement.

I've had mine done, it still needs some work though I feel, mine hesitates briefly at 4K if you come off the throttle then reapply it don't recall that before but maybe I'm being critical and after adjustment the throttle response was set to 9 (I think), talk about hair trigger, made it very difficult to be smooth, now set to 5, still great response seems to have an extra edge to the exhaust note too,

definitely revs longer almost as if rev limit is raised, I think it actually just gives that extra 10-15% rather than any extra revs to get a little more speed in each gear. I am waiting to get it rolling road mapped using the Revo map to see if I can get rid of the 4K hesitation

ignore next bit for any speed phobes...

my Sat Nav shows max speed attained as 153... although over 100 my speedo reads 10mph over the Sat Nav so at that point it was off the clock, it didn't do that before, pretty much hit a wall at indicated 155, no not in UK but easy to get very illegal with the 3.2 with almost no effort.

had mine re mapped a few months ago, throttle respons can be changed etc, made a bit of difference.

As mentioned above, the gains are minimal but are definitely there. Along with a panel filter or CAI, and a Milltek cat-back, the change makes for a more agressive, more rev-happy powerplant. Sounds good too.

I had mine remaped at AmD when new (17 months ago). I've covered 45,000 miles since, and am exceedingly happy with the remap. The Revo program should be as good.

To give you an idea, here are the graphs done on AmD's MAHA brake dyno:

HP before & after:
DynographsHaldexinstructions007web.jpg

Torque before & after:
DynographsHaldexinstructions006tqwe.jpg

Cheers,
Ben.

the 4K problem cant be rid off, as it is too do with the valve timmings or something like that,
There will allways be a dip at 4000RPM.

To be honest i have never noticed it. Only seen it in the Power graphs

wow,
seeing the graph it explains the hole didn't think it might be valve timing, but makes sense
I think maybe I need to up the throttle response a little to mask it, didn't stick with it at 9 for long enough to find the issue, might get them to try 6 as it's on 4 now, 9 is far too savage with a manual to achieve smooth changes, clutch almost drags the throttle is so fierce

for me it seems to occur when making sharp take-offs, or changing down to overtake, typically the car seems happiest revving to about 5K before changing to second or overtaking perhaps up to fourth/fifth this causes the revs to drop into that 4K hole, obvious answers are to rev further or change sooner, but it coincides with the point at which you have normally overcome whatever you needed full throttle for and when the engine seems happy.

wow,
seeing the graph it explains the hole didn't think it might be valve timing, but makes sense
I think maybe I need to up the throttle response a little to mask it, didn't stick with it at 9 for long enough to find the issue, might get them to try 6 as I think it's on 4 now, 9 is far too savage with a manual to achieve smooth changes, clutch almost drags the throttle is so fierce

for me it seems to occur when making sharp take-offs, or changing down to overtake, typically the car seems happiest revving to about 5K before changing to second or overtaking perhaps up to fourth/fifth this causes the revs to drop into that 4K hole, obvious answers are to rev further or change sooner, but it coincides with the point at which you have normally overcome whatever you needed full throttle for and when the engine seems happy.

The 4,000rpm dip? That's just the switchover point at which the intake manifold goes from long to short runners.

Porsche, as others, use three-way variable intake manifolds to avoid such a "hole".

mm mines on 9, takes a hell of getting used to to pull away without breaking everyones necks :lol: bit instant power is good though :)

mm mines on 9, takes a hell of getting used to to pull away without breaking everyones necks :lol: bit instant power is good though :)

Jamin, yep thats it