Does opening the exhaust flaps reduce economy and power at lower rpm?

Rob2k68

VCDS Map User
Does doing this log faults in the ecu??(worried about warranty etc)

It does log a broken circuit scan in VCDS that is easily cleared - not sure how much notice a dealer would take though I'd imagine they'd just clear it.

pburv

It does log a broken circuit scan in VCDS that is easily cleared - not sure how much notice a dealer would take though I'd imagine they'd just clear it.
Hi Rob..:hi:
Cheers for that.Might have a tinker with it sometime just out of curiosity if nothing else...lol

RO65ERS

Does doing this log faults in the ecu??(worried about warranty etc)

I am lead to believe that it will log a fault, BUT it does not bring the light on.
i do not have access to VCDS, but i do have various other diagnostic equipment (with intention of getting VCDS in due course) so before i take the vehicle in for any work, i would plug them back in and clear any code that may be set.

i wouldn't want to be held responsible for saying "it doesn't set a code" as i cant guarantee that, I've not even bothered checking due to no EML being on the dash, thus it doesn't bother me and I'm reaping the rewards of having them disconnected. :)

Flibble

Normally, when boy racers fit big bore exhausts, it results in less power, not more (wrong gas flow velocity) ;)

I would say that your Mrs. was probably reacting to the change in sounds, rather than actually detecting more response/power! ;)
Now you tell me, I just put a larger bore exhaust on... :whistle2: