Does my car have a DPF?

Cliffy

Reaction score
I have been searching a few forums for information on how to see if my car has a DPF or not, there is a box just after the down pipe but some people say its DPF some say a secondary cat, they talk about certain years having them and codes in the service book but they all seem to contradict each other and i'm getting nowhere.
So here is a picture of my service book and a picture I found from another member posted of the underside of the car so hopefully someone can certainly say yes or no to the DPF.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Service book
Exhaust stock

Easiest way to find out is play dumb and call dealer spares dept asking for price of new one. If it's doesn't have one they will say "sir your car doesn't have a dpf you dimwit" :tongueout: or "sir I advise you to sit down before I tell you the price":tonguewink:

So looks like it's a 3.0 tdi v6? What year?

For info my dpf is just of the turbo, but it's a 2.0tdi

That's a pic of the secondary cat, I've got the same on my non DPF 3.0tdi.

Mine is a 2005 (55 plate) 3.0 tdi Quattro if that helps, I will ring them tomorrow and see what they say

Mine is a 2005 (55 plate) 3.0 tdi Quattro if that helps, I will ring them tomorrow and see what they say
At that age I think it's pre dpf but yeah call dealer to find out for definate

I hope so, I'm looking to have a new exhaust system next week but my main concern is failing emitions test if I cut out the secondary cat out

How is it going to fail , its a diesel , smoke opacity test only .

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps
I didn't know that, but thanks for the good news :grinning:

thanks for the replies, booked in for tuesday for a custom stainless cat back system with no silencers,