Does it look better with a cut down number plate ?

C2 DTN

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Im quite liking it, do you think its better ?

Std

Cut

Reactions: ChivsBang, TDI-line, AlexA4Avant and 2 others
Short plate 100x better

Reactions: AD & DK - Jones
Yup, love short plates. Just need to buy that 4 digit plate I want.

Yes - short plate. But whats the black squiggle? ( I know what it is). I'm not sure it is needed on the back of an S3? You don't need stickers to impress (what are stickers actually for? - rhetorical question)). You are driving the thing to impress!

Normally im funny about number plates but I think the short one does look better! Agree about that TT lap sticker though, might look ok on a VXR Astra or something. Could be worse though, could be a Nurburgring one lol.

Short looks loads better! But that sticker.. :puke:

Sorry to be controversial but no.

Reactions: Audi Ultron and NATOuk
NO to the small plate and NO to that sticker

Reactions: jimojameso
Cheers for the comments guys, I've decided to go for the shorter look and I've ditched the sticker

Reactions: ammo-mcr
Yeah, just need to pop to halfords for some double sided tape in the morning

I take it cutting off the BS stamp doesn't really matter as the size is now illegal anyway?

Technically you need a stamp. Size probably isn't illegal but I've not checked.

Just checked. Size is legal, just missing the stamp on the edge

You'll have to let me know what size you cut it too. Finishes the back end off nicely

yes to the plate, here in Sydney we have a choice of 'slimline' plates which are similar in size to the cut down ones shown above and euro plates plates which are large enough to fit the plate holders on european cars.

I much prefer the small plates..

small plate below ................................... euro plates below

188428702 2014 audi s3 australia launch review 07 1 1213 450x240

It's on, and the sticker is gone !!

@Tangooneone it measures 360mm wide

Reactions: TDI-line, AlexA4Avant, s3_trev and 1 other person
Looks spot on!

Found this on eBay too, slightly longer though...

ea49bffc2655c41962034cc2166e7c78.jpg

Reactions: 2P's
Looks nice but sad it cant be done at the front without it looking as though somethings missing

Yeah you need the rs3 grille for that

All you need know is the 'Bradford Audi' is much smaller lettering........

The plate can be any length as long as you have (from memory) 1.5cm border all the way around and maintain the legal spacing of the letter / numbers groups as in AB12 CDE, A123 BCD. Just the other day I saw a two digit plate and the actual plate was legal and still slightly wider than my hand.

I personally have had a change of heart and prefer the wider plate on the rear with larger borders fore & aft as I think it helps keep a wider stance.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Smaller plate looks better on the car when you focus on the plate itself. But, the wider plate makes the car look better when ignoring the plate IMO.

Reactions: 2P's
No from me! Sorry, just looks to 'boy racer'ish' and sure to attract unwanted attention from both chav and constable!!!

Reactions: Audi Ultron and Simon L
Short is better IMO. I have short plates on my Saloon both Front and Back and I think it looks great. But each to their own as they say

I like the minimalist look it gives.... here in France (as in most European country), we don't have much choice, the 'format' is standard (euro stars & F for France below, all this in the left corner and your local area in the right corner), and we can only choose between aluminium basic plates and plexiglass so-called 'premium' plates.

Looks good..... now de S-badge it, I dare you :redrs4:

funny you say that, i thought the other day it would be funny to put an A3 1.6 TDI badge on it.

Reactions: xBox
Full size for me. Short ones are a bit too 'car enthusiast'.
But there again, I don't like private dabs either.
The less conspicuous the better.

Each to their own. ....and it does look nice in the red.