Does anyones else car do this?

The COD system has pins that slide the camshafts across on the middle two cylinders. The mechanical noise sounds a bit cammy so is probably something to do with that system. One for Audi if the car is under warranty.

Being reading the golf and seat forums with cars with same engine but its called ACT and other users have the exact same noise ???

Mine never made any noise, quietest engine I have driven. Couldn't tell if it was even in 2 cylinder mode unless I looked at the dis...

Is yours a 1.4tfsi ? Mine only does it at very low speeds, around 20mph. I need to have the windows down to hear it.

Sorry Audi Ashley, but I can hear more of your breathing in the video than the COD noise, which suggests the noise you are referring to is very soft. Some noise is acceptable from any internal combustion engine in normal operation, we can't expect the engine to make zero noise. Turbocharged engines will generally make more noise than naturally aspirated, due to the nature of pressurised air flowing with valves and diverters operating.

COD operation shuts down one of more cylinders, so there may be some chugging from the engine or exhaust note, which is expected.

Sorry for that, its diificult to try and get the mic on an iphone to pick the noise up but i can assure you its pretty loud. Friends have heard it as i go past and they say it sounds like a small tractor. For every person who says that this is normal I get 5 people saying that their car doesnt make a sound. its hard to know what is normal?

Sorry Audi Ashley, but I can hear more of your breathing in the video than the COD noise, which suggests the noise you are referring to is very soft. Some noise is acceptable from any internal combustion engine in normal operation, we can't expect the engine to make zero noise. Turbocharged engines will generally make more noise than naturally aspirated, due to the nature of pressurised air flowing with valves and diverters operating.

COD operation shuts down one of more cylinders, so there may be some chugging from the engine or exhaust note, which is expected.
Generally it is the high pressure injectors that most people complain about as the clicks can be quite loud...