Does anyones DSG/S-Tronic rattle in P or N?

AdamB8

Reaction score
Posted this in general as its more of a gearbox question rather than a specific B8 question.

My car makes a rattling/thudding sound when it Park or Neutral. Its definitely gearbox related because when I put it into Drive or Reverse it goes quiet and you can just hear the engine. I can only describe the sound as a slight thudding with a metallic rattle. The noise isn't loud but its there and I'm worried that it might be the start of something expensive.

I've had the car about a month and its always done it. It was owned by my 80 year old Grandad before me and I can't imagine him driving it hard. Its a 2.o tfsi quattro on 46k. Anyone else had anything similar or know what it is?

Posted this in general as its more of a gearbox question rather than a specific B8 question.

My car makes a rattling/thudding sound when it Park or Neutral. Its definitely gearbox related because when I put it into Drive or Reverse it goes quiet and you can just hear the engine. I can only describe the sound as a slight thudding with a metallic rattle. The noise isn't loud but its there and I'm worried that it might be the start of something expensive.

I've had the car about a month and its always done it. It was owned by my 80 year old Grandad before me and I can't imagine him driving it hard. Its a 2.o tfsi quattro on 46k. Anyone else had anything similar or know what it is?