Does anyone use anti theft devices? (Steering locks etc)

Mr Gav

Reaction score
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone uses anti theft steering locks etc and if it is necessary on cars which you need to use a key to start rather than a key card, as I have heard of thefts going up on keyless entry cars?

Any thoughts?

I have keyless entry (and love it) i use my two english bull terriers to protect the keys in the house.
as for the car itself, i use nothing. most car thefts are done with the keys these days. (if you've been robbed / off your drive)
and just as many thefts aren't driven off (away from home) but the car taken away from the scene and then accessed else where.

it doesn't matter how much you want to secure your vehicle, if someone wants to nick it they will.
Its not just the DVLA who can pick a car up and move it...

Reactions: GW1
I have advanced key and it is so useful. Probs one of my favourite options tbh!

I use a stoplock pro everytime I park it overnight.

Reactions: Gazwould
I recently bought the disklock for my S3 after I got broken into the other week. It’s a good visual deterrent .

Reactions: Adriansev
I use a disklock overnight on my 8V S3 after having my 8P S3 nicked...(house was broken into for keys)....never went for advanced key on replacement and glad I didn't after seeing recent reports on thefts using scanners etc.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Been using a pro lock as a visual deterrent, next week I'm having a Ghost system fitted, so I will probably stop using the lock for convenience, unless parked over night/long periods.

In my case the TDI badge on the tailgate works a treat ! :smiley:

Reactions: Mr Gav, GW1 and Flying Scotsman
Never heard of the Ghost system before but from what I have read about it it can't be a bad idea.

Keyless entry or physical key if they want it they'll take it.

I don't use anything additional in terms of security but I do keep my car keys away from windows and doors etc.

Also, my chocolate lab has a bark that could be mistaken for satan's pet hound from hell, so I think I'm ok.

Tbh, steering wheel locks, keyless entry etc etc don't mean sh!t, these cars can and are being stolen just as easy as normal key entry cars. As soon as car manufacturers invent new security features the scummy crims find a flaw.

The reality is that any car is steal-able.

Last edited: