Does anyone know what this is?

widdy

Reaction score
Got myself a nice A4 Avant TDI PD, what a change from my crappy golf SDI, but its got a couple of issues, brake servo went on the way back from picking it up (just fitted new one) but whilst i was under the bonnet i found this flapping around in front of the air box, it looks like it should clip somewhere but i have no idea what it is.... any suggestions? i've googled it but no results.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• WP_20160518_15_58_51_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160518_15_58_51_Pro.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 170
I think it's something to do with the vacuum system for the EGR. I'll attach a diagram.

Attachments

• 131250.png
    131250.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 152
Looks like the N75 valve that should be mounted under the airbox, Also looks like one of the vacuum pipes is missing too. Could explain the lack of servo as I think it's part of the brake booster system.

Reactions: Greeny233
Yeah you're right Greeny233 there are 2 N75 valves, i couldn't remember which one does what.

Reactions: Greeny233
I'll do a video in the morning to show what it's connected to. I think the brake booster was bad as the cars some 178,000 miles and the drain plug was bunged up, and the fact I had no brakes twice and the pedal was solid. But the vacume pipes do need tidying/ replacing.

ok the missing pipe was just loose so i've attached it to the thingy, and heres a link to the video i shot this morning, the water is dripping from the bonnet.

theres a horriable braded hose which looks like it comes off the brake servo vacuum to the thingy and another from diaphram off the throttle

ok i've now solved this , its the EGR solenoid, dunno what its doing flapping around at the front of the car though.