Does anyone know what this is and how to remove it?

Spatula

A4 B6
Reaction score
This blemish has been on my car since I got it, and it's really starting to p*** me off. I've no idea how it's there, and there is no rust or anything around it. It feels slightly bumpy, but it isn't deep or anything, and it's like a kind of yellow'y colour?

Also, when it gets wet (like now) the water doesn't want anything to do with it!

XI1oNBxl.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanking you!

Edit: that isn't a dint there, it's just where the water chooses not to be for some reason..

Edit 2: If anyone has been following my leaky cabin threads you can see today has not been a good day for my passengers socks.

have you tried claying it?

where in the north west are you? could try something called tardis that i have which removes tar but could give it a go if your near preston?

I'm in Macclesfield, just south of Manchester. I could easily fly up to Preston any time but I can't see it being tar? It looks like it's just shy of the paint, not on top? It's very strange because any other scratches and what not on the car (my car is in terrible shape so if anyone want to lend a helping hand to getting it looking smart again is MORE than welcome to do so :D) are not yellow or anything at all. It almost seems like someone has taken a rotary sander at that one point and slightly touched it or something and then cracked a ton of eggs on it and rubbed it into the roughage?! Argh!

tardis deals with more than just tar :) if the other half hasnt planned anything on sunday you can pop up here and ill have a look if you want?, is it rough when you rub it with your finger?

Sounds good! Yeah I'll be free Sunday I reckon. If you're into bodywork mate, mines like an ironic blank canvas! :p

It does kind of feel rough when you rub it but I think it's like taken some paint off or something? The paint looks streched or stressed? like a couple of cm all around the affected area. Everyone that's looked at it has no idea what it is. Then again, no one that's looked at it has had any real experience with bodywork..

if it was an egg trown at it, it will cause stress cracks in the paint, if you look up close is there small hairline cracks around it? i had an old car egged, was battered, and the only way to sort it would of been a respray :( but was a cheap car so kept it as it was :)

Okay, when I made the egg reference thing, it was just a yolk.. lol. It is yellow where the paint is missing, but I don't actually think it's caused by an egg. I think egg's have sent us off topic.

*Mods change thread title to 'Car scratches: An Egg Analogy'

In really does just seem like something has scuffed against it or maybe some kind of paint stripped or something? I'm completely at a loss but I'm pretty sure it's not caused from an egg.

Egg.

Reactions: Nilz and s3dave
you never know :D will let you know on about sunday and can have a closer look then :)

Reactions: Spatula
^^ Cheers bud, I've sent you a PM.

I just looked at egg damage on google images, and whilst it could have been that quite easily from my original OP, and I had absolutely no idea eggs could do that much damage, I genuinely don't think it's caused from an egg.

If it's on the surface, Tardis,IronX or clay will sort it. If it's scratched, that's down to the primer so would need touching in. Shame you're in Macc. I'm in Alderley once a month with Gran in Macc (broken cross) so would have popped over.

Feel free to give me a shout when you're next coming my way. If you've still got them S3 brakes by then bring them up with you. I'm off to the states for a 3 weeks mid feb for work but I WILL be back!

130k miles - feels OK - new dampers from last year feel shot already so looking at coilovers, needs a bit more TLC and think replacing all rubber hoses with silicone ones soon as the few bits and bobs I've done since buying it the hoses have been looking tired. It's getting oil change, all filters, possibly an air con regas and a coolant flush on the weekend, a wash and maybe a polish if the weather holds up. The new MAF from 6 months ago seems to have given up too....grr...

It is the most practical car I've owned, I moved house a few months ago and used it - just helped a mate move house today and it is cavernous in the back with the seats all the way down. It looks good, it goes pretty well, I can get 40mpg on a run and is pretty much of a bargain considering I got it for a grand. I've spent £2.5k on it with all fuel, parts, labour (when I haven't had time) and replacement bits, in the 15 months I've had it. I've got another £900 to spend on it I reckon to make it perfect - remap, coilovers, paintwork and I'll be happy. I do fancy an B7 A4 2.0T but I just can't justify the price when this one is perfectly capable. I can't see an A4 being much better other than looking better, insurance is £100 cheaper on the A4 though but my renewal is up next month so will see what I can get it down to.

Definitely the wrong thread lad!