Does anyone know what comes standard with an S3?

Jason1987

Reaction score
For example I want the upgraded interior led,s but not sure if this comes with the s3 anyway so I’m paying for nothing? But I’d be annoyed if I didn’t add it as extra and then car arrives without it: reason I ask is the website makes it look like you neee to pay extra for things like puddle lights but I hear they come with it anyway so it’s a waste if money adding as an option?

For example I want the upgraded interior led,s but not sure if this comes with the s3 anyway so I’m paying for nothing? But I’d be annoyed if I didn’t add it as extra and then car arrives without it: reason I ask is the website makes it look like you neee to pay extra for things like puddle lights but I hear they come with it anyway so it’s a waste if money adding as an option?
You need to upgrade to Extended Ambient Lighting (£100 they might as well fit as standard) for the Interior LED's - I did and pleased I did

You need to upgrade to Extended Ambient Lighting (£100 they might as well fit as standard) for the Interior LED's - I did and pleased I did
The options I want are b&o, ambient lighting and puddle lights, is there anything else I’ll want and might regret?

The options I want are b&o, ambient lighting and puddle lights, is there anything else I’ll want and might regret?
Well if you go for a White S3 with Comfort and Sound Pack (This gets you the B&O plus Front Parking Sensors and Reversing Camera) + Ambient Lighting then I think you should be just under - I get £39125 + Delivery etc - Touch and go as not sure of the exact delivery cost

I added Space Saving Wheel and Jack etc but they might take you over now

To be fair mine is November 2020 so along with C&S, Mythos Black, Ambient Light Pack, Lumbar Support, Red Callipers, I could also add Matrix Headlights, Powered Tailgate and Wireless Charger at the time - I did go over and could have lost the Powered Tailgate and Advanced key to keep me under - I wouldn't have bothered with Advanced Key on its own but had to for the powered tailgate

Last edited:
In short not enough comes as standard in my eyes. I have comfort and sound pack. A powered tailgate is one thing I wish I had as not being able to pop the boot from within the cabin is SOOOOO annoying after coming from my own car.

I didn’t know the delivery fee ate into the tax cost, I’m sure Audi told me if it’s the rotr price it might be ok but if it’s the other price I’ll be liable for the tax. Is a right pain having to pay all that tax for about £300 extra of options. I’ll have to ask the dealer exactly. Also, does the 1.5 edition one come with more than the s3 does? As in body style and extras. The s3 should come with more than the 1.5 but I’m not sure

In short not enough comes as standard in my eyes. I have comfort and sound pack. A powered tailgate is one thing I wish I had as not being able to pop the boot from within the cabin is SOOOOO annoying after coming from my own car.
I totally agree and don't get me started on the Virtual Cockpit Plus which is standard on a 1.5T Edition 1 but not on the S3!!!! - Ridiculous

Vorsprung only for powered tailgate now as well - apparently not a big enough take up - That might be because Audi never advertise the things they have and insist on advanced key so it becomes a £750 option - Advanced key only allows the foot gesture to open and close the boot and it's a bit flaky anyway - The same with Matrix headlights no longer an option - Adverts to busy showing off the car driving through a forest or something - Highlight what it potentially can do and people might take up more of the options

I didn’t know the delivery fee ate into the tax cost, I’m sure Audi told me if it’s the rotr price it might be ok but if it’s the other price I’ll be liable for the tax. Is a right pain having to pay all that tax for about £300 extra of options. I’ll have to ask the dealer exactly. Also, does the 1.5 edition one come with more than the s3 does? As in body style and extras. The s3 should come with more than the 1.5 but I’m not sure
The Edition 1 comes with Matrix Headlights and Electric Seats including Lumbar Support as standard and as you'll see below the larger virtual cockpit + Ambient lighting - These should all be standard on an S3

It's worth looking on the configurator and press the little "i" next to edition 1 and it will then bring up a PDF of what's standard

The Edition 1 comes with Matrix Headlights and Electric Seats including Lumbar Support as standard and as you'll see below the larger virtual cockpit + Ambient lighting - These should all be standard on an S3

It's worth looking on the configurator and press the little "i" next to edition 1 and it will then bring up a PDF of what's standard
I assume even if I went for the vorsprung s3 I’d still need to add some extras on? Can’t win lol

I assume even if I went for the vorsprung s3 I’d still need to add some extras on? Can’t win lol
Vorsprung you get almost everything - Red Callipers are an option along with Spare Wheel and Tool Kit

No Flat Bottom Steering Wheel as you'd have the driver assistance pack

Will cost you about £48k though but you'll have everything you want and more including Vorsprung Puddle Lights

Vorsprung you get almost everything - Red Callipers are an option along with Spare Wheel and Tool Kit

No Flat Bottom Steering Wheel as you'd have the driver assistance pack

Will cost you about £48k though but you'll have everything you want and more including Vorsprung Puddle Lights
Ah that was another thing, I noticed it doesn’t have the flat bottom wheel which I really like. Don’t think I could go for the round one lol

Ah that was another thing, I noticed it doesn’t have the flat bottom wheel which I really like. Don’t think I could go for the round one lol
I can't understand why they haven't sorted it out - Other models with the driver assistance pack have Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel

Also, do you not get the big rev counter on the s3 unless you get the vorsprung? I mean the rev counter that looks like a graph shape

Also, do you not get the big rev counter on the s3 unless you get the vorsprung? I mean the rev counter that looks like a graph shape

No you need Vorsprung. Standard S3 comes with a smaller screen and less options for the digital dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you need Vorsprung. Standard S3 comes with a smaller screen and less options for the digital dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grrr it’s never ending lol. Am I missing much on the smaller screen?