Does anyone else suffer from bird poo?

AGAIN! TODAY! WITHOUT FAIL! IM FURIOUS!
60abd3159e84f7c382dd769b88d9d63c.jpg

050a158f84998a1f73ebff55e3e3c9f4.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I just use baby wipes and dab the poo until it comes off. Reduces the risk I guess. just had to clean quite a lot there. Been there for any where upto 10 hours so had all day to bake in the sun. Nothing worse when it isn't just a drop but when it's slappered all over in tiny dots

is it always on your drive, could be you have a nest nearby or place where they roost. otherwise ceramic coat the car.
just thought how about one of those big plastic hawks that office building use to keep pigeons away... coudl stick it to your roof and drive around.... think ive found a new business idea lol

Reactions: richinsoton and Audi Bairn
Or could just pop over to their nest and take a huge sh*t. See how they like it .....

Reactions: richinsoton, Audi Bairn, AudiNutta and 3 others
is it always on your drive, could be you have a nest nearby or place where they roost. otherwise ceramic coat the car.
just thought how about one of those big plastic hawks that office building use to keep pigeons away... coudl stick it to your roof and drive around.... think ive found a new business idea lol

Ceramic coat? Mine was just done by a detailer and in a day it burnt through. Tried to agitate it, covered in swirls now.

Car is going back in to have a scuff mopped out of the bonnet, looks like something marked it while Audi had it. Ceramic coat the bonnet again, nightmare especially at £100 a time.. thats just one panel. He's having a look at the roof as well after the bird discharge burnt through it.

Got to say that I no longer suffer from bird poo . . . since I stopped eating Trill.
:yahoo:

Reactions: simonali, richinsoton, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I feel everyones pain here, recently went away for the weekend and found the parking was under a tree, went to pub car splatted with bird poo, cleaned it off went to pub, came back more poo. I thought I couldn't have this every half hour.

Then the solution came to me: three days later peeled it off and drove home no issues.
Cling 1
Cling 2
Cling 3

Reactions: The Kendragon, Fanboy, Ormesome and 7 others
I soak it and then put a piece of kitchen towel over it. Then soak that and leave it to re-hydrate the poo.

It then washes off with a watering can.

Reactions: richinsoton and Audi Bairn
My latest..getting really fed up. Almost looks identical each time it happens too. This is overnight. I can only imagine a nest above or..they just love shi!ing on my roof.

Attachments

• IMG_6220.JPG
    IMG_6220.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 184
Reactions: PanamaS3, Audi Bairn and daytonamart
My latest..getting really fed up. Almost looks identical each time it happens too. This is overnight. I can only imagine a nest above or..they just love shi!ing on my roof.

Oh Lawd...

Jeez oh, what a total nightmare!! :scared2:

I keep a Hozelock pressure sprayer and kitchen roll in the car during the summer months for such emergencies. Not ideal but does the job.

Reactions: daytonamart
Jeeeez!....someone needs to take this bird to see a vet! lol

Reactions: azibux1
yes, its a ****** nuisance - I also have red and the birds seem to like that colour!

I keep a Hozelock pressure sprayer and kitchen roll in the car during the summer months for such emergencies. Not ideal but does the job.

Emergency?! Ye gods, it's a Golf in a posh dress, not a priceless vintage Bugatti. I currently have a huge purple bird shit on the side of my car and am conducting an experiment to see how long it takes for the weather to remove it!

Reactions: OST
Emergency?! Ye gods, it's a Golf in a posh dress, not a priceless vintage Bugatti. I currently have a huge purple bird shit on the side of my car and am conducting an experiment to see how long it takes for the weather to remove it!

Funny post but not really the point...its acidic and terrible for the paint work

Little known fact: bird poo IS acidic, but lacquer damage isn't caused by that, it's by temperature. It's all to do with the different rates of contraction and expansion in the clear coat in direct sunlight and when it's shielded by bird splat.

Reactions: daytonamart and KenL
Two blokes having a drink in a bar. The first says "What would you do if a bird crapped on your car?"
The second replies "Oh, I'd definitely have to finish with her".

Reactions: Tom.H and jungle650
Two months of ownership and my car had avoided bird droppings quite well.

Luck ran out today. Three lots on the bonnet, baked in by the sun. Yep, etched top coat.

Thankfully, my car will be with Off Your Marks detailing soon to eliminate dealer swirls. And now bird etchings!

Blasted birds!

Reactions: Tom.H
I would love to know what type of bird this was...looks more like somethig from a joke shop!

Attachments

• IMG_6799.JPG
    IMG_6799.JPG
    925.8 KB · Views: 136
Funny post but not really the point...its acidic and terrible for the paint work

Yes. I left my car at my mates house a couple of days and it got shatted on. After cleaning it off it had already began eating the lacquer on my fairly recently resprayed bonnet. fuming....

Totally Agree with Thread. Seems to be getting worse for me. Every day theres bird poo on my car. The other day there was a huge one right in the middle of the bonnet and the hot weather baked it on. took some effort to remove. I was told once that Birds nateral instint is to poo over water so when they see something reflective they think its water so they poo.

My car was only a day old when one got baked into the roof, which was only left for a matter or hours. I was fuming.

The road I park on is a nightmare, there's a fight over the parking spaces between the trees as bird shittings are VERY frequent when directly under one... tree sap is ******* me off too.

per a quote I found...Most birds consider shiny things as water. That is why the birds usually poop on them. According to a theory, birds usually defecate on the water so that predators cannot find their nesting and feeding areas by smelling the scent of the poop left on the ground.

So IMHO, you peeps cars are way too clean

The reason can vary. But to answer your question, when a bird poops on your car, either the parking spot of your car is just below their designated tree, or they are attracted to your vehicle.

Reactions: GGP