Does anybody know about these?????? I've search FLEE BAY but no answers

holmefield

Hi all just a quick one, does anybody know whether you can buy LOWER front top mounts?

I mean the bit that sits in your engine bay, i had some on my MK2 golf that i bought a couple of years ago they replaced the standard ones and were 10mm thinner/shallower seat so that the suspension dropped down another 10mm.

It didnt affect the comfort just gave you an extra 10mm, i pretty sure its call the top mount, if im wrong does anybody know the right name.Its the bit where the top of the strut bolts to.

Cheers

defsix

I think you mean the spring perch. You can get a set of B5 ones and will give you a drop of 10-15mm i think.

holmefield

I think you mean the spring perch. You can get a set of B5 ones and will give you a drop of 10-15mm i think.

OOO that sounds promising where do u get them from? will they fit a B6 spring strut ok?

holmefield

eBay. Yup, straight swap I believe.

I've had a look on ebay no luck, unless im entering the wrong thing ( audi b5 spring perch ) is this right?

Avant4me

The're Graphite not black!!

holmefield

hades-

VCDS Map User
yes they fit but there not oem
id just get them from audi

TURBOTRONICS

has any one fitted this to a b6 s4
dose it affect the handling
and how can you tell if they have been fitted to the car

holmefield

I just bought some from TPS in the end, there just the standard B5 ones i got the part number off a fellow Audi sport member.

I've checked and they lower the front 10/15mm, with regard to fitting them to a B6 S4 i would assume that the only issues would be with the weight of the S4 engine against the weight of the standard B5/B6 engine.In my case the 1.9 TDI lump.

If they've been fitted i'd guess the front would look more nose down.

Just my 2 pence worth...I've not fitted mine yet as im saving my pennys as its quiet a big job and i'll have to get my local garage to fit them + im thinking about getting HIDS now after reading one of the other treads, the list just keeps growing!!!!