Do you think this will be a write-off?

jonjon

Reaction score
n704724782_311816_6957.jpg

Not been inspected yet, but I'm guessing it will be....... ?

n704724782_311812_5746.jpg

Yes. Because it looks like the A-pillar is bent.

Hmmm, FUBAR'd methinks. Done a nice job of that mate - everyone OK?

Thought as much. Yes, everyone was fine, just a few aches and pains today and mini freak-outs about how much worse it could have been.
The X5 that pulled out as I was over-taking was pretty unscathed, you can see his paint on the NS wing.
Cops were great and thankfully there was an independent witness who saw everything.

Has anyone had experience of dealing with insurance companies with situations like this?

I'm assuming they (the X5's insurers) will come back with a laughable 'book value' nowhere near what it's worth, ignoring the fact that my car has been taken away from me and I'm left to find something else...... that will never be the same as mine.

Thanks!

Has the X5 driver accepted liability, because if you were overtaking and on the wrong side of the road it might be difficult for you to get anything out of them.

Shame it wasn't a Roadster, i need a skip to dig out my garden!

p.s...I hope there is a real nasty bend coming from the other direction cos otherwise it looks like it was lost on a straight road!!!!!!!

jonjon said:
Thought as much. Yes, everyone was fine, just a few aches and pains today and mini freak-outs about how much worse it could have been.
The X5 that pulled out as I was over-taking was pretty unscathed, you can see his paint on the NS wing.
Cops were great and thankfully there was an independent witness who saw everything.

You know, i really must read all the posts before passing judgement!!!! :asskicking:

if they scrap the car and you can get some small parts you know the hard to get one please give me a chance to get :friends:
I hope everyone is safe
how fast to flip a TT

Randomjim said:
Has the X5 driver accepted liability, because if you were overtaking and on the wrong side of the road it might be difficult for you to get anything out of them.

does it work like that? I thought that it was the responsibility of the driver who was joining 'your' road to make sure that it was safe in BOTH directions to pull out and join?

I've had people pull out on me when i'm overtaking quite a few times, and its the most brown panting experience ever... apart from those days of overtaking uphill in a 1.1 fiesta with a lorry coming the other way....

madvw said:
does it work like that? I thought that it was the responsibility of the driver who was joining 'your' road to make sure that it was safe in BOTH directions to pull out and join?

I've had people pull out on me when i'm overtaking quite a few times, and its the most brown panting experience ever... apart from those days of overtaking uphill in a 1.1 fiesta with a lorry coming the other way....

I'm not sure all i know is it's very hard to get money out of insurance companies. I had a head on with a shogun in a clio after a blind bend and even though i had pictures showing that the shogun was on the wrong side of the road it wasn't proof enough. Ended up as knock for knock.

I should have explained better - I was over taking the X5 and a tractor/trailer both doing about 20-25mph, when I was going past he pulled out. I was at about 50mph and was forced into the bank/hedge whilst slamming on the anchors and thinking WTF?? Never expected it to flip though, and still can't figure it out.

The witness, a couple of cars behind me, said to the Police that he just pulled out without looking and I had no chance and he was willing to make a statement. The Policeman also said to me he could see what happened by the damage to the X5 (ie, I did not drive into him), had photos and would be putting that in the report along with the witness statement.

Fingers crossed....... but I have an unsettled claim from a non-fault accident last May, that's May 2006. The woman was prosecuted, her insurance have admitted liability, so far they have given my my excess back...... only another £5k to go......!

My old R reg A4 just got deemed a total loss and they gave me £2750, i value it at around £1500 as it was f00ked so i did well!, added £500 and got a V reg A4 1.8tqs :) Hope you have as good luck mate.

Result! Opened the post when I got home tonight and I got the 3rd (and final?) cheque for the TT.
Cheque 1 £10,300 (£10,500 less £200 excess)
Cheque 2 £ 1,500
Cheque 3 £ 625

There we have it, a 6yr old TT 225 Coupe in Moro Blue is worth £12,625 and don't let anyone tell you any different!!! Laid it on a bit think with there being a lack of Moro Blue TTs under £13,000.

I presume they finally got the witness statement and all was in my favor. I just need to confirm liability, settle the uninsured losses, rental car for the last 4 weeks and find something else now.

ButchsTT - if you want parts I can let you know where it is and/or ask questions. PM me.

Poole Audi
582-600 Ringwood Road
Poole
Dorset
BH12 4LW
£16,950
clearpixel.gif
VehicleImage.axd

clearpixel.gif
RadPanelbarAppendStyleSheet('MediaCentre_MultiPage_FeatureCategoriesMenu', '');
/*\')",'MediaCentre_MultiPage_FeatureCategoriesMenu',false,false,false,null,'','Left','Left','','FeatureCategory','FeatureCategoryHover','','FeatureCategoryHover','FeatureCategoryHover','FeatureCategory','FeatureCategoryText','FeatureCategoryText','','','','FeatureCategoryText','Feature','Feature','','FeatureHover','FeatureHover','FeatureSelected','FeatureText','FeatureText','','','','FeatureText',true,false,'Zigzag','','','158px','onBeforeExpand','','','','onBeforeFeatureClick','','','','',true);MediaCentre_MultiPage_FeatureCategoriesMenu.PanelItems = new Array();MediaCentre_MultiPage_FeatureCategoriesMenu.Init();/*]]>*/}
clearpixel.gif
RadPanelbarAppendStyleSheet('MediaCentre_MultiPage_ReviewMenu', '');
/*\')",'MediaCentre_MultiPage_ReviewMenu',false,false,false,null,'','Left','Left','','FeatureCategory','FeatureCategoryHover','','FeatureCategoryHover','FeatureCategoryHover','FeatureCategory','FeatureCategoryText','FeatureCategoryText','','','','FeatureCategoryText','Feature','Feature','','FeatureHover','FeatureHover','FeatureSelected','FeatureText','FeatureText','','','','FeatureText',true,false,'Zigzag','','','158px','onBeforeExpand','','','','onBeforeReviewClick','','','','',true);MediaCentre_MultiPage_ReviewMenu.PanelItems = new Array();MediaCentre_MultiPage_ReviewMenu.Init();/*]]>*/}

window.MediaCentre_MultiPage = new RadMultiPage('MediaCentre_MultiPage');pwCustomFunctionManager = 'MediaCentre:LiveCallback1';var pwCustomFunctionManagerUpdateAll = true;
clearpixel.gif
Mileage: *49,026 milesRegistered:Sep 2004Transmission:ManualFuel:petrolRegistration:ML54FJZ

Tel: 01202 775050
Fax: 01202 722350
Email us