Do you remember........................

I liked the 80's , great music , great cars , even better bikes and I first met my lovely wife........

Reactions: Simonwhite2000 and happytalk73
Jet Set Willy.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, happytalk73 and desertstorm
Playing conkers without safety goggles

article-1223537-06FDB019000005DC-334_468x286.jpg

Reactions: Terminator x, happytalk73, Ozmosis and 1 other person
Bill and Ben
The wooden tops
The test screen
Sherbet dabbs
The cane
Lino
Redex
Horace Batchelor
Keynsham

Reactions: Audi Bairn and happytalk73
I liked the 80's , great music , great cars , even better bikes and I first met my lovely wife........

Yep. Same here Rob. 80's was fab. I also met a girl at school. Both of us were 14. Started going out. Married at 20. Been together ever since. (Both now 44)

Just remembered the best programme ever from my childhood:

Jonny Balls 'Think Of A Number'. All school teachers should apply the same enthusiasm as Jonny.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Black and white 405 line TV with a big clunky dial to select the programme.
"At the time of its introduction the 405-line system was referred to as "high definition", which it was compared to earlier systems"
Great when trying to watch Pot Black, It was a bit of a challenge to tell the blue from the brown :) .
Wired remotes on the VCR that people used to trip over.
Crossply tyres, I complain about cheap ditch finder radials but crossplys were in a different league.
The Horace games for the Spectrum, Hungry Horace, Horace goes sking etc and Jet set Willy.
Hardcastle and Mcormick , I so wanted a car like that
Things were so much simpler back then.

Ah Hardcastle & McCormick, and the car was a Coyote from memory.
There was another show called BJ and the Bear too. Bear was a chimp, just to confuse things.

Did anyone ever watch "tales of the golden monkey " Friday nights .......mad but watchable....lol

I remember well when my mate said he had a colour TV, 1951 I think it was.

So we goes and looks and it was the same black-and-white TV we had but with a blue-green-whatever colour plastic sheet in front of it.

Oh yeah, for sure, colour it was...

Here you go, just for you young bu**ers that thought it was a joke...

Color tv

Reactions: Ozmosis, desertstorm, Audi Bairn and 3 others
You been the martial arts Monkey or Jonny Vagas monkey? Hehe
The martial arts one which you felt like you were on drugs when watching the strange half human half creature characters

Reactions: happytalk73
BBC Micro computers - how we have come on now!

My first PC was a ZX81. Had the 16K ram pack on the back that would crash the PC after you had spent 2 hours typing in loads of machine code to create a program. That wasn't the best.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Audi Bairn
My first PC was a ZX81. Had the 16K ram pack on the back that would crash the PC after you had spent 2 hours typing in loads of machine code to create a program. That wasn't the best.

Ah ZX81 then the good old Commodore Vic20.

Happy days

Who remembers this bad boy?

I always wanted one. Many of my friends had them but sadly not something 'santa' could ever afford for me.

Reactions: Ghost, martin1984, Ozmosis and 1 other person
Sitting in your bedroom 'taping' the top 20 on your ghetto blaster, while eating a Bounty wrapped in nice waxed paper and cardboard insert.
Playing out with no means of being contacted by your parents, other than hearing a very distant "your dinner's ready" yell.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000, PeterPatch1, CHEZ and 5 others
Sitting in your bedroom 'taping' the top 20 on your ghetto blaster, while eating a Bounty wrapped in nice waxed paper and cardboard insert.
Playing out with no means of being contacted by your parents, other than hearing a very distant "your dinner's ready" yell.

Fantastic.

Spot on lol
Had to be dark chocolate Bounty's though for me.
Although mine was one of those rectangular tape recorders where you pressed the two buttons down to record.
Telling your parents to shoosh when they walked in mid song :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: PeterPatch1, happytalk73 and Ghost
Brick patterned wallpaper around the chimney breast.

Or if you were posh, velvet wallpaper.

Reactions: DolomiTTe
217e9de7ab74c322501b4517cdadfeee.jpg

Rope swings, them were the days!

Not a safety harness in sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, happytalk73, jdp1962 and 1 other person
217e9de7ab74c322501b4517cdadfeee.jpg

Rope swings, them were the days!

Not a safety harness in sight.

A great memory.

Another of mine was taking a handful of 6" nails from dads shed along with his bull nose hammer down the woods and driving the nails into trees to help me climb the tree. I used to get to some breathtaking heights too. THEN panic and struggle to get down.

All the above took place when I was 12-14 (IIRC). If my 12 year old daughter did this now I'd be wild with anger at her. Very hypercritical of me really.

Reactions: Sandra and BarryG79
Apple Scrumping
Knock a door run
10p mix - hubba bubba, pear drops, cola cubes etc.

Reactions: martin1984
We had velvet wallpaper (or 'flock' as it was called) - just call me Posh!! :smiley:
Shag pile carpet anyone? That was the ultimate in 1970s middle class/aspirational working class bad taste . And yes, we had it.....

Home made bicycle with solid rubber "tyres". Proper bone-shaker...

NO internet, if you wanted to find something out you used one of these...
lib-and-danson-552x370.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Charlie Farley, happytalk73 and 4 others
Shag pile carpet anyone? That was the ultimate in 1970s middle class/aspirational working class bad taste . And yes, we had it.....

Didn't have shag pile but had really fancy polystyrene tiles on the ceiling. Luckily we never had a fire on da house.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and jdp1962
Btw a big thank you to everyone posting on this thread. I'm really enjoying the memories.

Ant.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ghost
Absolute classic this

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, happytalk73 and jdp1962
@QuattroCalum, oh man , Scotch and Wry, I loved that when I was at university in Edinburgh. I leanred so much about the Scottish psyche from watching it. :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, happytalk73 and QuattroCalum
don't forget the old original "old spice and Brute 33 " adverts....splash it all over..lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, happytalk73 and Ghost
Do you remember........

Reactions: Audi Bairn, QuattroCalum and happytalk73