Do you race?

andyt99

Reaction score
There's been a spate of this in Manchester this year. Take it easy, you have nothing to prove.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/show-off-audi-drivers-jailed-over-8229863
"Two ‘show-off’ motorists who raced each other at speeds of more than 80mph in high-powered Audis have been jailed for causing the deaths of a young couple by dangerous driving. Aaron Jones, 19, and his girlfriend Amy Hobson, 22, died after the smash on the A580 East Lancashire Road in Swinton, Salford, in June. Steven Ward, 26, of South Avenue, Swinton, and Carl Wood, 27, of St James Street in Farnworth, Bolton, were driving ‘aggressively and competitively’ against each other before the crash. Ward was driving an Audi S3 and and Wood an Audi RS3"

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s/bradford-street-bolton-crash-audis-12237252
"A man is fighting for his life in hospital after a horror hit-and-run smash involving two high-powered Audis ‘driving in tandem and at speed. The man, 53, was crossing Bradford Street, in Haulgh, Bolton , when he was hit by one of the cars, a white Audi RS3, which failed to stop at the scene. Police say the car was travelling quickly alongside a white Audi S3 shortly before midnight on Saturday when the collision happened."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/audi-rs3-bolton-crash-railings-11715952
"A high-powered Audi RS3 was involved in a smash in Bolton after ‘racing with another vehicle.’ Police were called after the black Audi RS3 was seen smashing into street barriers and posts near the junction with the A666."

Reactions: DJAlix
I find no one bothers me although mine is debadged so 99% of people probably take it for a "standard" A3 ;)

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I hadn't noticed before, but the age of the drivers involved in those three incidents is amazingly similar. 26 & 27, 27 & 31 and 26. I guess that's a factor.

How on earth are such young guys able to buy a RS3 in the first place?! Crazy. At that age I was driving around in a shed ;)

TX.

Reactions: Ghost and CHEZ
2016 12 14 140619

Is that Ferrari trying to get over a sleeping policeman?

Reactions: MA3RC and CHEZ
How on earth are such young guys able to buy a RS3 in the first place?! Crazy. At that age I was driving around in a shed ;)

TX.
Work hard, play hard! or for some. Have rich parents. But ive had to go for the working hard way And no kids helps

Reactions: Terminator x
I find cars like ours with young owners tend to have three types of owners

1) people who graft and have been lucky enough to have got a decent job at a young age.

2) people who live at home and don't mind putting a big proportion of their wage on a financed car.

3) people with well off parents that don't mind helping them out with things like finance on cars.

Not judging anyone btw.

There was a lad on the VXR forum who lived at home and at a very young age was in things like C63's and then a GTR! his parents were always guarantors for his finances and loans, he lived at home rent free and was even told by his parents that when he had kids or got married they would move out and give him the house!
He got a fair bit of stick but at the end of the day it's down to parents.

I think a lot of it has been influenced by the crazy low Bank Of England interest rate. Loans have never been cheaper so there's hardly any point saving money for years for a car, just get a loan immediately and pay it off instead. When I was 26 that would have been a financially idiotic thing to do because you would have lost so much more money. Also, the low interest rate appears to have given rise to the PCP, with an seemingly an entire generation driving around in cars they never actually own because there's no way they could ever get the money together to pay for it.

Possible that one or two of those were stolen and just being raced around