Do you have a dashpod problem??

Reaction score
I have some pixel lines missing on my DIS. This seems to go from bad to worse. Recently i have had oil sensor warnings apear along with various other faults which in turn set the alarm off all the time. After taking it to TT shop, they put it on the vag com where it showed no faults. There diagnosis was that i had a dash pod defect, as the pod controls all the fault indications and the immobiliser is also controlled through this. Makes sense.

This is a recognised fault on the MK1 TT and Audi UK will replace the dashpod under warranty regardless of the car age. So i rang up Audi Uk and asked if they would replace the S3 dashpod under warranty as they do with the TT.
The response was negative, they replied that where it is recognised as a fault in the MK1 TT they are not aware of the A3/S3 model suffering such problems.

I would love to know if this is a common fault between S3 owners. And if so maybe we can pertition to have the fault fixed under warranty as TT owners did on a forum site.:arco:

its a big problem with all audi DIS units, both cars i have had were perfectly fine but i saw a couple all with lines missing in the DIS. find enough people and maybe it will get you somewhere!

mine the same and id be happy to sign your petition!

Its interesting to see that it seems to be a common fault as in the MK1 TT. Ill see how many replies i get on this post then aproach audi uk and find out the way to proceed in order for them to accept that it is a common fault with the A3/S3. Thanks for the replies guys. Spread the news and watch this post

Steve

I,ve also got a few lines missing. I think it is a common fault with most Audis that have the red display.
It will be interesting to see what Audi's response will be.

I too have this problem, mine isnt too bad its just really when its left on for a while.

I would say 9/10 Audi owners have this problem so would be interesting to see what audi say!

Cheers

Ive also got some pixel lines missing on my DIS its been like this for nearly a year now and is really annoying at times. It doesnt come up as a fault on vagcom so its definately a dashboard fault and quite common amongst other audi's.

I'm surprised they've agreed to fix the TT's, as nearly every car with this type of display develops dead/faulty pixels at some point.

Mines the same!! There is a thread where I posted a link to a company who will fix the problem For a starting price of £200. It is annoying for sure!!

Hi thanks for all the replys. As i suspected it is quite a common fault as it is on the MK1 TT. Spread the news and lets get a good number of people listed with the same fault. Ill contact Audi Uk in a week or so and discuss the way forward. Until then im going to speak to the TT shop in bedford, originally they where the people who informed me that TT enthusiasts from a forum all got together and convinced Audi to undertake the repair under warranty. So ill get the low down from them.......

Audi are now covering the Dash panels under waranty for cars up tp 7 years old.. Depending on mileage.. not to sure what miliage though ! worth asking though !

Hi Audi tech, id be really interested to know where you got the information that they are fixing the dash problem for the A3/S3 under warranty. Im aware they're fixing the MK1 TT under warranty. But after phoning Audi UK this week, they informed me they were'nt aware of the dash pod being a common problem on the A3/S3 and so wouldn't offer to fix it under warranty

Got the inforation from Audi themselvs.. I am an Audi technician and have replaced many dash pods on TT's and A3's. Becasue tt and a3 are the same dash in most cases. May be worth ringing your local audi centre rather than Audi UK, they would probably help you more ! Expecially if you tell them you are filling your car up but petrol gauge never goes completley full.. and of course the other issues you got with the dash..! Officially it only covers the TT. but if you contact you audi dealer and take it for a diagnosis.. they will contact Audi and see if they will cover the whole reapir, or a big percentage of it. Hope that helps!

Hi Audi Tech,
I need no longer question your knowledge. If you work for Audi thats good enough for me. Ill ring my local dealer and see what they say. If i get a negative response would it be possible to get it done through your dealership depending on where your situated. Or at least use the name of your dealership as ammo for when i ring my dealer to back up the fact that Audi dealerships are replacing the dash pods free of charge????

The don't normally cover it for the lines fault.. so be sure to mension that your having trouble with the fuel guage. Its only if they carry out a Fault test with the VAG tool and send the results to audi, then they may cover it. I know they cover it for certain on the TT, but they tend to be a bit more carefull with the A3. But you never know.. Goood luck