Do you daily your S3?

Do you daily drive your S3?

• Yes but only until I can find something else then it will be a weekend toy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian W

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of us daily our S3's? I do, bought it to daily and intend to keep it that way for as long as possible

Reactions: KimmyS3 and Sandra
I'm an imposter so can't claim to drive an S3 at all, but have dailied my LCRs/similar for the past 10 years or so and plan to do much the same with the TT I'm building at the mo too.

It's definitely a frustrating self-imposed constraint to have at times when you need to get the car back on the road for work after an evening/weekend of tinkering, but fortunately big tasks are fewer and further between these days. At some point, when I have more space, I'll likely relegate it to less frequent use. We do have another car for family duties though, so weekends can be downtime for mine when needed.

Reactions: Ian W
I daily’d my Noggy 8L from 2010-2020. Now, she is enjoying retirement and I just drive her for pleasure but occasionally I still take her to work. It’s perfectly reliable and if you keep on using them, there’s no reason it shouldn’t remain so, as long as it’s maintained correctly.

I don’t think I’ll ever sell it tbh. It’s nice to own and drive something that nowadays still gets so much attention from people. Much more than the noggy 8V gets that’s for sure.

Reactions: Sandra and Ian W
I also daily my s3,even my 40kg German shepherd rides with me from time to time.Also i like modding and upgradeing it and as Rainbird mentioned it gets a little frustrating at times when modding a daily you want to drive the next day,feels kind of rushed when tinkering with the car.
But still loving it,if only CBauto would finally ship brake hoses to me so i could install LCR brembos...

Good to see so far they are all daily drivers! Having a second car is a big advantage, I am lucky that I have another toy in the garage if the S3 needs a bit or work or failing that there is the wife's car so I don't feel that pressure to ensure it is ready for the next day if I start a job.

Mine comes out of the garage twice a week covering about 15 miles in total...that's why It's up for sale next month, it needs to be ragged on a regular basis.

I ordered HEL hoses from CBauto on 15 of august and later discovered that badger5 has them also.(2 days ago installed the v3 TIP from badger on my LHD s3 and its a very nice upgrade)
CBauto has only replyed to me once that they are having a premise move and in getting parts out as fast as they can,that was on 24 of august.
No info or replyes since

I technically daily mine but as I work from home I only really drive her to the shops, to see my parents and to Bill's at the weekend...

I still have the A2 which was originally the daily back when I had to go into the office but as things have changed then she doesn't get quite as much attention as she once did... that said the A2 owes me nothing now and is cheap to run so no urgent need to get rid plus its handy to have another car available for those 'joys of S3 ownership' moments :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Ian W and Sandra
My RS6 is our only car so ''yes'' it's a daily drive. There meant to be driven so enjoy it!!!!!.

Reactions: KimmyS3, Ian W and Sandra
I daily my A3, which is running Stage 2 tune, 240whp & 410nm torque! It's nearly an S3, so does that count?? Lol

Mine’s a daily driver, work and back 6 days a week. Doing about 150 miles a week for work alone. Have spent a fair amount on keeping it running, but drives and feels tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine’s a daily driver, work and back 6 days a week. Doing about 150 miles a week for work alone. Have spent a fair amount on keeping it running, but drives and feels tight.

Those are rookie numbers! (insert Wolf of Wall Street meme) LOL

I myself do 350 miles a week. Just counting daily commute.

Just bought my first Audi with the plan to daily as its ULEZ, 2001 S3 - in the process of getting the initial niggles sorted but so far so good!

Reactions: Ian W and KimmyS3
Used to do 680 miles per week, thankfully not in my S3! Now I’ve moved closer to work I’m only doing….. wait for it…. 5 miles per week!

Used to do 680 miles per week, thankfully not in my S3! Now I’ve moved closer to work I’m only doing….. wait for it…. 5 miles per week!

LOL what. Nearly 700 miles to 5 miles? I imagine you will walk to work?

LOL what. Nearly 700 miles to 5 miles? I imagine you will walk to work?

Yeah got back 3 hours of my life everyday! Well worth the move…. I could walk to work, but in my line of work I have to be mobile at the drop of the hat so take the PHEV to work

Reactions: Rainbird