Do we have a break pad sensor?

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals. My brakes on the rear of my s3 are squeaking Dramatically and the pads look shot however, audi informed me that i have a sensor that will show a light on the dash when theyre low + give me 500 miles. . . ?? Is this right??

Ive also noticed some serious lack of braking power on Friday (fully laiden with lads, coming down from 70 to a roundabout). So going to upgrade to bills disks and ds2500 pads. Might as well do it all in one go!

we have one on the front but not the rear mate

yeah, what s3gav said, no sensor for the rear pads dude.

If you are going over to DS2500's then you will need to short it out anyway as DS2500's don't come with wear indicators... easy enough mod though and well worth it considering the increase in braking performance you get... couple that with a fluid change using Motul RBF 600 or 660 fluid and you won't be wanting for brakes for a while :icon_thumright:

<tuffty/>

Cheers all,

Tuffty, precisely what next month's spend will be on. Full setup, black diamond or Bill's disks, DS2500 pads and new brake fluid. Give them a nice refresh.

Use the Welly patented method of resolving your brake pad sensor issue.

Take paperclip. Cut a quarter or so off. Bend into a U shape. Insert both of the points into the pins on the plug. Wrap with bodge tape.

Job done. :icon_thumright:

Lol.

I was going to ask actually, Tuffty, how do you short them off?