Do people notice your RS3?

deMarcus94

Reaction score
I saw a similar topic on a forum regarding the BMW M2, so I decided to open a topic here too to hear what you have to say.

How much attention your RS3 gets in the city?

I don't know about other people but I like my RS3 for the very fact that it's understated and goes largely unnoticed except by those who know!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Csllover, NevMan and Riko0073
Not in the city as I live in the country but yes nice attention with lots of head turns and positive comments.

Ive always thought the RS3 is on the right side of looking special without being too in your face, although to most it might look like a very nice hatchback but those that know always give an admiring nod to acknowledge what’s under the bonnet.

Reactions: infernox and NevMan
My RS3 gets loads of looks in and around Edinburgh city centre in slow moving traffic, always from young guys or the keen petrol head, sticks out as it’s nardo. My wife is always saying how much attention it gets when she’s in the passenger seat. I love it but one guy did say I love the colour, what is that, battle ship grey at a petrol station lol.

Reactions: Csllover, infernox and NevMan
Always good attention from my side. People always come up for a chat when i’m filling up at a petrol station.
My Wife says it gets loads of attention when driving through towns.
If she ever uses it people always do a double take when she gets out of it though haha.

Reactions: Csllover, Np1389 and NevMan
2020 11 03 16 24
Mine does

Reactions: randy4, garethdj, jebusRS and 3 others
I’ve had mine for coming on five years and a few months ago when lockdown was briefly lifted I drove into my sons skatepark car park and got a hands on head “oh my god” from a teenager. And when I left I got a funny accent saying “That’s a bit of a beast like” from a guy in his twenty’s.

Reactions: NevMan
Used to get a fair bit of attention, people waiting by it when I came out of the shop etc, but now it's debadged only the die-hard petrol heads notice it's different from an A3 tdi, which is fine by me!

Reactions: DW81
nope, under the radar - just how I like it, full on stealth mode!

Ultimately the RS3 is a sporty looking Audi A3 to joe public and that suits me fine as I want it to blend in. Given it’s mythos black, it does the trick.

I think it will certainly standout if it’s in a vibrant colour but then again that’s probably why the owner bought it for attention.

My colour of Porsche Riviera Blue makes it stand out a little to much. Every boy racer from a Fiesta 1.1 up to more distinguished cars such as Aston Martins and Porsches just want to race you at every opportune moment lol. I never tire of the looks though TBH and such a rare colour and spec will always make it an easy sale

Yeah mine does but mainly from car guys. Latest one was a guy in a range rover.

The main time mine gets attention is when I'm at the car wash. Almost without fail someone will come up and comment on it or start a conversation! I quite like that though as they're always car guys and just appreciating the car, wanting to know about it or tell you how much they like it.

I've not had many people trying to race me when I'm out and about sadly (I like their optimism) but I have had the occasional boy racer in a Fiesta ST or something similar try to tailgate me on the motorway... I always enjoy seeing them disappear into the distance of my rear view mirror

Aside from that, I really like the understated nature of the RS3. Those who know, know. And everyone else assumes you're in a family hatchback

Reactions: infernox
I find it’s the noise that people really notice. I’ll very often be just pootling along and people will turn around wondering what is coming down the road. It sounds quiet from inside but is obviously not!

Yeah, I get asked about this car all the time, as much as I think it's somewhat understated. The purply shade of the car seems to really turn heads....

Only last night I was approached about it whilst filling up.

hQ7wUFL.jpg

qAvkzne.jpg

Reactions: infernox, RS03???, DW81 and 4 others
I find the noise of my car gets people intrigued rather than the looks which is fine by me .....

Not many ‘everyday’ cars sound better than an RS3 on noise ... I think that’s what gets most people, they turn around expecting an exotic and then see a small sedan/hatch flying past them

I find the noise of my car gets people intrigued rather than the looks which is fine by me .....

Not many ‘everyday’ cars sound better than an RS3 on noise ... I think that’s what gets most people, they turn around expecting an exotic and then see a small sedan/hatch flying past them

Yup....good point. Even mine that is OPF, certainly turns heads from the sound. I remember my neighbour telling me after driving behind me, the RS3 sounds like a baby Lambo/supercar. That 5-pot sound sure is nice! Can't wait to get a Uni downpipe and de-OPF this thing!

The main time mine gets attention is when I'm at the car wash. Almost without fail someone will come up and comment on it or start a conversation! I quite like that though as they're always car guys and just appreciating the car, wanting to know about it or tell you how much they like it.

I've not had many people trying to race me when I'm out and about sadly (I like their optimism) but I have had the occasional boy racer in a Fiesta ST or something similar try to tailgate me on the motorway... I always enjoy seeing them disappear into the distance of my rear view mirror

Aside from that, I really like the understated nature of the RS3. Those who know, know. And everyone else assumes you're in a family hatchback

That's strange, I get people trying to race me fairly often nowadays. Usually is the Fiesta ST's or random BMW cars/transit vans. Really annoying tbh, sometimes my ego takes over and I have to show them the power of the rs3 lol.

Reactions: grainqey and Jsimba
That's strange, I get people trying to race me fairly often nowadays. Usually is the Fiesta ST's or random BMW cars/transit vans. Really annoying tbh, sometimes my ego takes over and I have to show them the power of the rs3 lol.
I must be doing something wrong

It can certainly be very annoying, but the occasional one provides some mild entertainment!

Reactions: grainqey
Mine turned no heads until I got it remapped and they gave me asbo pops and bangs that made me look absolutely retarded driving though town at 20 mph backfiring away (despite me specifically asking the tuner not too). I've since had them mapped out, and though the car is awesome sounding under acceleration it just has a deep decat 5 pot burble now and again turns no heads unless I get on the loud pedal. There's times I miss the attention but for the most part I enjoy the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the RS3. I do still get cut off on the motorway regularly (usually by BMW's), and the odd person in a car park tat walks over to check it out. For the most part its not to fly under the radar, but to have unlimited acceleration on tap any time the mood strikes.

Mine turned no heads until I got it remapped and they gave me asbo pops and bangs that made me look absolutely retarded driving though town at 20 mph backfiring away (despite me specifically asking the tuner not too). I've since had them mapped out, and though the car is awesome sounding under acceleration it just has a deep decat 5 pot burble now and again turns no heads unless I get on the loud pedal. There's times I miss the attention but for the most part I enjoy the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the RS3. I do still get cut off on the motorway regularly (usually by BMW's), and the odd person in a car park tat walks over to check it out. For the most part its not to fly under the radar, but to have unlimited acceleration on tap any time the mood strikes.
I really enjoy the pops/burbles mapped in on my OPF car, they’re not OTT and really controllable via throttle input so as you say I don’t look like a ****** popping and banging through town! It does really give the car that Jekyll & Hyde personality. Still no pre OPF or PFL sound levels but just about right for my personal taste.

Reactions: ArrEssDrei
Normally it gets no attention, just how I want it, but got some bad attention the other day when I drove it to collect something from somewhere. Not around my home. Some dodgy looking people in a quite new Merc on a mini roundabout followed me into the estate until I drove into a driveway to get rid of them. I am sure they were trying to see where I lived.

Have my RS3 2018 FL saloon Mythos black all stealth looking blacked out debadged at the back (sports exhaust all mechanics stock) but left the grill badge on, usually it’s at the petrol stations by 30-40ish year olds who know what’s under the hood and want to comment on a tastefully made purchase and kindly want you to know they know you dropped your dough on some special wheels for that price point. Other times it’s by teens and toddlers with mum’s who walk by and either the kids get excited and the toddlers with mums just turn their head when I click the start stop, about to pull out of my weekly grocery spot. Hmm not sure if the mum’s are fans but the dream of RS cars starts for the toddlers (But then I do get embarrassed by the startup exhaust rattle and have had a guy walk by and say he thinks I need the car looked at lol)
Mostly I love the cult family feel of being in a special S3/RS3 group on the motorways when we pass each other slowing down beside each other giving each other the thumbs up for solid approval in whatever choice of mods we’re happy to put on that just make us happy without attracting ASBO’s! I think to those that know, the reactions are complementing your choice in how you’ve spent that amount of money in that you’ve thought through there’s little better bang for your buck (at this price point performance wise) than this which I guess makes it comment-worthy to the owner. I like the understatedness and only comments from those that know.

Last edited:
Normally it gets no attention, just how I want it, but got some bad attention the other day when I drove it to collect something from somewhere. Not around my home. Some dodgy looking people in a quite new Merc on a mini roundabout followed me into the estate until I drove into a driveway to get rid of them. I am sure they were trying to see where I lived.
I’ve had some similar episode too, where I had parked up, popped into a nearby shop, when walking back to the car, a dodgy Vauxhall saloon with 5 young men slowly passes, back passenger of the car got out and asked as I approached the car (they must’ve clocked on I owned it) nervously ask me where the nearest petrol station was while he was looking back towards the other guys in the car just paused door open beside the car. I made sure I stood a good distance from him and didn’t open the doors keeping the car locked walking towards the other side of the car before the the nervous guy seemed hesitant and what I suppose was reluctantly get back into the full Vauxhall with the guys in there shouting at him in some language but drove off. I think that was a lucky escape looking back at it and they clearly weren’t looking for directions to the nearest petrol station but an opportunity to steal the car or knife me or something. The guy must’ve been new at it and hesitant which is lucky for me. A bit shaken up thinking about what could’ve happened. This was just before COVID came. We should share our experiences on a thread to find ways to know how these guys operate and ways to protect against it