Do l get my S3 pro detailed or buy my Awesome new bluray player?

Think so... take look at their pics.
Rob at SuperCar Detailing has recently done a 918, coz Porsche stock paint is a bit poo.
I think they've both had LaFerraris in to correct factory paint too... their finish is so amazing!

Hmmm although if I paid for something like this, the next time I washed it myself, I'd just scratch it again surely?

With the products like Gtechniq it is basically coating your car, like a crystal shroud - as it was kinda explained to me (I'm sure someone will soon blog the exact detail and make a point to show me my errors), but basically it just requires mini service cleans afterwards to keep any 'fallout' settling on the Gtechniq finish. I think something like snow foam... I'll ask SCD tomorrow.

If you wash and protect properly you shouldn't get swirls.

Overtime I little few maybe to polish out but shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as letting dealers wash your car!

Reactions: DommyR
Mines had a Gyeon MOHS+/Durabead protection detail. Dirt and bug splat just don't stick to all making it so much easier to clean. Maintenance is very east too using Wetcoat or Cure. It comes with a 2 year warranty too for the coatings durability.

Some blurb here :-
http://www.autodetox.co.uk/gyeon-quartz/

applied by :-
http://www.autodetox.co.uk/

Reactions: Jassyo06
Mines had a Gyeon MOHS+/Durabead protection detail. Dirt and bug splat just don't stick to all making it so much easier to clean. Maintenance is very east too using Wetcoat or Cure. It comes with a 2 year warranty too for the coatings durability.

Some blurb here :-
http://www.autodetox.co.uk/gyeon-quartz/

applied by :-
http://www.autodetox.co.uk/
The Gyeon MOHS+ is for Professional application only Rob.Gtechniq have something on the same lines,l've just rattled out another £120 on Gtechniq STUFF.......Weather permiting,that S3 is going to get a good seeing this Sunday...lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
Haha lol give it a good seeing too mate !!! You can't go wrong with Gyeon or Gtechniq both quality products and produce stunning results.

Hmmm although if I paid for something like this, the next time I washed it myself, I'd just scratch it again surely?

So I went to see Rob at http://www.supercardetailing.com today and he's done me a blinding deal on a Paint Correction and Gtecniq package.
I asked about Upkeep and he's advised a monthly snow foam / fallout clean then dry using a top quality drying microfibre towel, using a non circular motion.
Car is booked in for 30th July... he has it for 3 days :puke2: .... but should look awesome afterwards.

It has come up 'the nuts'
Chuffed with it, all swirls now gone and I think the colour has changed too... seems a deeper blue now... or it has more depth... which ever way you want to read it.

Reactions: Camerz- and Jassyo06
Finding a really good detailing place is the blokes equivalent of women finding the perfect hairdresser....

You'll stick with them for years and if they are really good, passionate about what they do, they'll run a nice business with a very loyal clientele.

It's a no brainer really if you have a nice car. Pay the dealer way over the odds for a half ***** GARDX type finish, or send it into the real pros when you buy it to do it properly.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I asked about Upkeep and he's advised a monthly snow foam / fallout clean then dry using a top quality drying microfibre towel, using a non circular motion.
You only have to clean it once a month? Mine looks dusty/dirty after 2-3 days, less if it rains.

Well, l was all set to give the car a good seeing too today
IMAG0732

but as soon as l finished towel drying the car the rain came on,then off again,dried the car again.......then guess what.......??? l gave up l thought erm........."off sales" few for a sherbets.............lol

^^ I'd dry myself with those towels mate they look fab !!

Can also vouch for G6 glass cleaner and also M1 for the exhaust tips then you've pretty much a gtechniq clean sweep!

Them pale purple ones are from Clean your Car,they look great, but are full of lint,defo for the full glass cleaner thing,using Rain X just now doesnt last.

But l should mention "UF cloths are Gash",especially the drying towels,"Dark Blue Ones in photo" £5 a shot and are just like slightly heavier duty than standard Microfibre cloths,Asda do better ones for £3.00.

IMAG0018
IMAG0017
IMAG0016
IMAG0015
Well l have finished the Gtechniq detail after last week applying the C1 and the C2 v3 and with a bottle of EXO2 lying around l thought l better use it

Decreased all the car with the panel wipe then applied the EXO2 to just one panel at time,when applied this kit is pretty grippy as you wipe it off, pretty hard going when doing a full car again you're on the clock with this kit,it wouldn't bond/remove properly from the chrome door mirror covers why l don't know,had to remove the residue with the panel wipe it's done now,but in hindsight l should have just stuck with the C1/C2v3 combo as they gave nearly as good results as the EXO2 but less durable will post some photos later

Ps.l got 2 really nice compliments after my hard work,drove up to the petrol station and 2 chaps said that's a really nice car, A belter one said meaning 'nice car in "Glaswegian " lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Simon L
Well l have finished the Gtechniq detail after last week applying the C1 and the C2 v3 and with a bottle of EXO2 lying around l thought l better use it

Decreased all the car with the panel wipe then applied the EXO2 to just one panel at time,when applied this kit is pretty grippy as you wipe it off, pretty hard going when doing a full car again you're on the clock with this kit,it wouldn't bond/remove properly from the chrome door mirror covers why l don't know,had to remove the residue with the panel wipe it's done now,but in hindsight l should have just stuck with the C1/C2v3 combo as they gave nearly as good results as the EXO2 but less durable will post some photos later

You're turning into the detail king there Jassy ;)

Must get cracking on mine now I'm back home. Was just glad to see my paintwork still looking good after 2 weeks and not covered in birdy turds to be honest :)

Reactions: Blackwhite

Must get cracking on mine now I'm back home. Was just glad to see my paintwork still looking good after 2 weeks and not covered in birdy turds to be honest :)

Hi mate your sarcastic humour has been missed lol hope you had a good chill out time,l think in total it's taken me 12 hours to get the car to this stage,now hopefully it will be pretty low maintenance,speaking of holidays am off to sharm again this Friday for 11 nights will be sure to post a photo or2 at the pool bar lol

Reactions: Simon L and Blackwhite

Simon
Like you said in another thread " the birds don't like Daytona Gray"
You lucky guy. Unfortunately they love Glacier White! :bird:

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Hi mate your sarcastic humour has been missed lol hope you had a good chill out time,l think in total it's taken me 12 hours to get the car to this stage,now hopefully it will be pretty low maintenance,speaking of holidays am off to sharm again this Friday for 11 nights will be sure to post a photo or2 at the pool bar lol

Hehe, I'm glad the sarcasm isn't lost on you mate, although on this occasion I was actually being genuine! I do admire you and the other guys on here who put in the hours to really get the most out of the finish on yours cars. I'm 100% committed to keeping mine looking good (unlike on previous cars I've owned) but whether I'll do this to same same level as you I'm not sure :)

Holiday was superb thanks, hotel out of this world and 32 degrees pretty much every day. ****** hard getting back to the old routine after 2 weeks of all inclusive luxury though ;)

Bet you're itching to get yours underway.......... :)

Simon
Like you said in another thread " the birds don't like Daytona Gray"
You lucky guy. Unfortunately they love Glacier White! :bird:

......nobody was more amazed to see the car looking pretty much spotless than me BW!! ;)

(I've had a white car and you're right the birdies do seem to love it unfortunately!)

Reactions: Blackwhite
Hehe, I'm glad the sarcasm isn't lost on you mate, although on this occasion I was actually being genuine! I do admire you and the other guys on here who put in the hours to really get the most out of the finish on yours cars. I'm 100% committed to keeping mine looking good (unlike on previous cars I've owned) but whether I'll do this to same same level as you I'm not sure :)

Holiday was superb thanks, hotel out of this world and 32 degrees pretty much every day. ****** hard getting back to the old routine after 2 weeks of all inclusive luxury though ;)

Bet you're itching to get yours underway.......... :)
Aye getting back from a holiday then work aint easy.....its all down to brain/muscle memory...lol

That G..Frickin Techniq stuff was a nightmare mate,best left to guys who apply it for a living,All inclusive ye cant beat it,booked this holiday because l knew the company l "WAS" working for, where running out of work, best being unemployed in Egypt rather than in Cumbernauld.........lol, will get something when l get back,such is the way of "My Trade".

Hey Simon, you better get yer *** in gear and at least give it a good seeing too, before Da winter creeps in...Too nice a car not to do it.

Reactions: Simon L