Do i need to fit spacers?

Bushen

Driving with style
Reaction score
Hey people ive got the 18" A8 wheels on my car and its been lowered on 40mm spring...but it just dont have the wide stance that i want...as some of you know the offset of these cars and you know the wheel dimensions of the A8 wheels, you reckon you guys could give me some help?? cheers

Ok cool..sounds like you know your stuff doc...ive got a tyre width of 225mm on there as well..that wont make any difference will it?..as i dont wana get pulled for my tyre tread being outside the arch..loving your car aswell doc! Oh and by the way their actually the S8 rims, the same that alpine had on his before he changed to the RS4 rims..that make any difference??

If you are running 18" rims you should be running 225x40 tyres the wheels should have on the back of the wheel what PCD it is so A8 are 48 which do fit but to give the right stance need pushing out. Alpine ran replica A8 rims so the PCD was correct for the A4 and the RS4 rims are also replicas so they are also the correct pcd for our cars.

Aaahhh i see...what does PCD stand for?? sorry for the dumbness...im only 18 and dont know too much about cars yet lol...ahhh that might be a problem...a company have told me that 3 of my wheels are genuine and one of them is a replica...this could make things difficult..lol...so would you say to the get the best stance i can get..would to lower the car more to where i can just the whole of the tyre? cheers for your help so far doc.

Aaahhh i see...what does PCD stand for?? sorry for the dumbness...im only 18 and dont know too much about cars yet lol...ahhh that might be a problem...a company have told me that 3 of my wheels are genuine and one of them is a replica...this could make things difficult..lol...so would you say to the get the best stance i can get..would to lower the car more to where i can just the whole of the tyre? cheers for your help so far doc.

Forget what I just said about PCD I'm talking Siht.

PCD means the distant of the wholes round the wheel i.e. A4 are 5x112

Offset is the distance from the hub to the wheel arch.

Ahhhh i see now...wow im learning(quote ralph wiggum) lol ok so just lower it more yeh doc??

what 35mm more than the 40mm ive already lowered it?? or i should have just lowered it 35 mm in the first place...cos if im gonna do anything it would be to get coilovers to lower more lol