Do i have s-line or sport suspension?

Rob-Quattro

Reaction score
Hey chaps, I've been looking into upgrading/lowering my suspension and knowing the difference in standard ride height between the s-line and sport suspension, I was worried when looking at my V5 log book to see my car is listed as a sport? Has anyone else got a genuine s-line and what does it say in your log book? I haven't parked next to an s-line yet to see if there's a difference which would be the easiest thing to do. I want to put new shocks and springs on to lower it but want to know how much to lower it depending if its a sport or s-line. Oh and thank you if you suggest it but I don't want coilovers, I had them on my track car before and that was enough hassle for me. Also is there any difference between the quattro and FWD height? Cheers Rob.

Last edited:
Older s lines were sport on the log book .What years your car?
As for the quatro and FWD yes there diferent IIRC

Its 2007 (57) everything on it is s-line like seats, wheels, steering wheel, bumpers etc.

Anyone on here who works at Audi I could give the reg or chassis number to and they could confirm for definite one it is? Cheers Lingy

As lingy says, older s-lines were Sports with the added option of the "s-line package". S-line wasn't actually a model, just an upgraded Sport.
Then Audi made the s-line into a model of its own.
Not sure if the log book details were changed though.

To find out for sure if yours is a Sport that has been converted buy a past owner or if it was an s-line from factory call Audi and quoting your reg number ask them to give you a price on something that only s-lines came out of the factory with... i.e. the main grille with s-line logo or the rear spoiler.
If your car has been turned into an s-line by the owner (like I have done to mine) they won't show a grille with logo or spoiler as being available for your car. But if it was an s-line from factory then they will.

As for the height difference between FWD and quattro.... As far as I know there is no difference. Sport is 15mm below standard and s-line is a further 10mm below Sport. Regardless of FWD / Quattro.

There is a difference when lowering though. You will find that the springs for FWD lower up to 50mm, but for Quattros they only offer a max of about 35mm.

Its 2007 (57) everything on it is s-line like seats, wheels, steering wheel, bumpers etc.

Anyone on here who works at Audi I could give the reg or chassis number to and they could confirm for definite one it is? Cheers Lingy

You will have S-Line suspension on a 07 car as it was an actual model in it's own right by then. The early 05 cars were the Sport's with bigger wheels and badges...

I suspect your car looks like mine...

You will have S-Line suspension on a 07 car as it was an actual model in it's own right by then. The early 05 cars were the Sport's with bigger wheels and badges...

I suspect your car looks like mine...

Correct

Now I'm worried!!
I have a 3.2 V6 quattro with DSG box, on an 06 plate. Sold to me as an S-Line. S-Line badges etc etc everywhere.
Vehicle data inside service book, 1st code is E4J, which is S-Line.
Log book says 'Sport'
Does mine have S-Line suspension?

Hey mate, I rang Audi a few days ago and they confirmed mine was an S-line. If you phone your local dealer they will tell you. They'll ask if you purchased the car from there, if you say no they'll still be able to tell you :happy: