1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Do I have an aux heater ?

Bloxham Jan 18, 2020

1. Bloxham

Bloxham Registered User

2011 A3 8P 2.0 TDI 170 quattro

How do I know whether my car is fitted with an auxiliary heater ?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. SootySport

SootySport Registered User

It’s on the build sticker. I don’t know the product code but hopefully someone will be along soon who does know.

4. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

CC143F02-70C1-4B4E-8288-957A89F30F4F.jpeg I believe that you’re looking for PR code 7E6 , electric auxiliary air heater.
    When I bought my A3 , my local Audi dealer gave me a print out of what I thought was every PR code fitted to my car , it’s about 6 pages long.
    The thing is , 7E6 doesn’t appear on the build sticker in the spare wheel well/service book but does appear on the list pictured above , and my car certainly appears to have all the equipment featured on the list.....
    I think the build sticker only lists the major options fitted to the vehicle ...
    If my car does have the heater then it doesn’t currently work.......which seems a very common fault , I think the solder joints go with age....

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  5. Bloxham

Bloxham Registered User

Ah - thanks, useful.
    I don't have it on the build sticker but I think tomorrow I'm going to look to see if the 100 amp fuse is present in the fuse box.

6. SootySport

Never noticed a quick warm up on your car either Nessy, I assumed it didn’t have the aux heater.

7. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

I only discovered about the heater as a result of a thread on this very forum , and it defo doesn’t heat up quickly , so assumed it has the heater but that it is broken, which TBH doesn’t bother me.....

8. SootySport

Is it just the TDI cars that have the option of the aux heater?

9. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

I think so; from what I’ve read on here, it’s only later diesel models that have them fitted as they are so slow to warm-up in normal driving ....

10. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

It's not the remote heater system you believe, that Nordic countries have, it's just an additional electric heater system fitted to diesels to speed up cabin warmth on startup as advised.

It's confusing I know, but they are different.