DMF or SMF clutch kit

QuattroCalum

Reaction score
http://garagewire.co.uk/news/why-th...s flywheel could be a cost-effective solution

This is the part that stands out for me:
“The SMF replacement reverts to the original solid flywheel technology that has stood the test of time over many decades.

“SMF kits include the damping system as part of the clutch plate design rather than in the flywheel as with dual mass units.”

Review of the kit I fitted to follow. :greyrs4:

Reactions: Pops848
Why not stick with the DMF? It's been designed for a purpose, and works relatively well. It's a long lasting part (my remapped 1.9 130 is on the original DMF after 15 years and 170k) and can be purchased relatively cheaply if your not in a rush and keep looking around for one in advance (I got a brand new luk DMF for £175), and it's under the bed ready to go if mine ever dies. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for experimenting with different parts, but only if there's a good reason.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Well my school of thought is, Diesel, f
Why not stick with the DMF? It's been designed for a purpose, and works relatively well. It's a long lasting part (my remapped 1.9 130 is on the original DMF after 15 years and 170k) and can be purchased relatively cheaply if your not in a rush and keep looking around for one in advance (I got a brand new luk DMF for £175), and it's under the bed ready to go if mine ever dies. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for experimenting with different parts, but only if there's a good reason.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

My school of thought, Diesel fit DMF unless you like sounding and feeling like you're driving a tractor.

Petrol, no need for a DMF, fit one if you've plenty of moneybut petrols are more refined and don't really need one.