1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DLR off when parked and engine running ?

Spearo Sep 11, 2018

1. Spearo

Spearo Member

so let’s say i want to park up, have the engine running and not have the DLR lights on and the car lit up like an Xmas tree .. is there a way on the b9?
    Cheers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. cjp2k

cjp2k Active Member Team Daytona saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

I think you can code them to switch off when the handbrake is applied. There is a app in the obd11 software to do it..

4. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Odd request most people want their rear light constantly on as well...

5. Spearo

Spearo Member

I spend time shooting and fishing and occasionally Its nice to have a coffee, stick the heated seats on but without drawing any Unwanted attention or letting the critters know you’re there!

6. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

I presume that switching the lights to the off position still leaves the front DRL's on then?

7. cuke2u

I see, however I would not reprogram the car to have them off when the handbrake is applied because I consider that a safety issue.

8. Spearo

Spearo Member

Sure does , rather frustratingly, Think some of the a3 guys had them coded off but only i can only see that it was being done in older cars

9. cuke2u

I wonder if there is a fuse that could be pulled, although that might generate a fault..

10. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Active Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group

Just code DRL menu, turn the lights off and turn the DRL off in the menu. You can keep the engine running..

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

cuke2u likes this.