Q5 DLR Fault - error warning on Dash

Daniel James

Reaction score
Hi all,

over the past month or so I keep getting a warning light and my DLR on the drivers side isn't working.

Has anyone experienced this previously and is it a common / easy fix ?

not sure if this is a bulb or a module or even worse a wiring and electric fault :crying:

If they're xenon's, then they're led DRL & tbh needs headlight, halogen, then check the bulb.

If they're xenon's, then they're led DRL & tbh needs headlight, halogen, then check the bulb.
hi, yes Xenon's, i find it hard to believe that ill need a complete new headlight just for the day light running light? surely this is something to do with a faulty module or something ?

Tbh without knowing the year & headlight part number, details etc, can't help more, it sometimes has a separate driver module, but from my experience, if the led part has a fault, it's usually internal not so much a bolt on module.

It's time, money scenario, time taken to attempt repair & possibly fail, against replacing parts to fix with minimal time taken.

Tbh without knowing the year & headlight part number, details etc, can't help more, it sometimes has a separate driver module, but from my experience, if the led part has a fault, it's usually internal not so much a bolt on module.

It's time, money scenario, time taken to attempt repair & possibly fail, against replacing parts to fix with minimal time taken.
Hi, yes that makes sense in what you are saying,

i've read a few mixed things and kind of ruled out certain, its a 2015 Sline so heard that the DLR's are common for fault

Are they adaptive as in turn with corners or standard bixenons?

Part number label maybe shown on the top of the headlight if visible, can't recall tbh.

Are they adaptive as in turn with corners or standard bixenons?

Part number label maybe shown on the top of the headlight if visible, can't recall tbh.

hiya, they are standard bixenons, i will try and remember to try and get a snap of the label later

You were given advice before, try swapping headlights, not allot more can be done.