DJAlix

Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Sir, I have followed your posts for over three years and the informed quality of your free knowledgeable advice to other members is stunning.
You are a star and on behalf of other members....Thank you.

Reactions: TonkS3, z3alin, Jcbmally and 27 others
Well said.
Thank you Alex
Top man

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: DJAlix, NevMan and V6_Man
Great thread to acknowledge a great member. Some of the advise and tips that @DJAlix gives is invaluable. He has helped me out a few times via a PM, so hat of to you Sir :hi:

Reactions: DJAlix, NevMan and V6_Man
Well said, clearly a very knowledgeable and capable fellow.

Reactions: NevMan, DJAlix and V6_Man
Thank you all for the very very kind words. Totally unexpected and really does mean a lot. I do honestly try to help where possible and will always try to go the extra mile for ASN forum members. Without you guys I would not be in this business.

Reactions: TonkS3, Jcbmally, Fatbloke and 21 others
Alex is one of the best, nicest people I know. He is willing to help others here on audi-sport.net. His knowledge and his work ethic is second to none. He even travels to Scotland to do retrofit work and coding, that’s a 10 hour car journey, to me that is going above and beyond to help us all achieve those extra functions and changes. Alex, you are an amazing person and we all Thank You very much. :friends::thumbs up::respekt::blahblah1: :)

Reactions: Jcbmally, Dunedin, AllanG and 13 others
Most of the people here on ASN are so helpful and spend their time to write a well explained answer instead of just being like “ask Google”. And then there’s people that just go that extra mile like DJAlix (and many others!).

Unfortunately I’m not living in UK but it doesn’t change the fact that over the years and more than a thousand posts I feel like I’m talking to people I’ve met in person - so thank you all for that!

Because of my time here I’ve been able to help a lot of my friends with their Audi questions and I really just love to help others no matter if it’s online or out in the real world ;)

Thanks again and have a nice evening y’all!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ess3Chris, Adam14, Sandra and 7 others
Alex is one of the best, nicest people I know. He is willing to help others here on audi-sport.net. His knowledge and his work ethic is second to none. He even travels to Scotland to do retrofit work and coding, that’s a 10 hour car journey, to me that is going above and beyond to help us all achieve those extra functions and changes. Alex, you are an amazing person and we all Thank You very much. :friends::thumbs up::respekt::blahblah1: :)

I wish he'd travel to Manchester I'd have reserving cam / folding mirrors retro fitted :yes:

Reactions: Sandra

Alix and Sandra, sitting in a tree. . . .
:whistle2:
Lol

Reactions: DJAlix and Lehn
Hopefully there’s a wee visit north of the border again soon (once this lockdown ends) ?

@DJAlix
Am hoping there will be some demand. I have a massive box of parts and a laptop for DH Automotive so could kill two birds with one trip...

Reactions: Sandra and RS5 JON
I’d certainly be keen again if you were heading for Dave’s.

Some of the hardware pieces we didn’t look at list time, dash cam, maybe reversing camera...

Food for thought!

I’d certainly be keen again if you were heading for Dave’s.

Some of the hardware pieces we didn’t look at list time, dash cam, maybe reversing camera...

Food for thought!
Once there is a light at the end of the virus tunnel I will look at getting something arranged :)

But is he a real DJ???

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack
Yes, because Alex is mixing coding on he's deck/laptop so you can get a new vibe in the car

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: Sandra, RS5 JON and Bishop187
@Sandra could have a contest for a best member, with a nice ASN related prize.
Contestants would be nominated and voted for by members.

Surely all agree, @DJAlix would be the winner

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: Daniela3 and Sandra
Total top guy ! Joined this forum after purchasing a Audi. Done the Audi sound system retro fit to my A3 with the current crisis I sent the unit to Alex he done it at home and added Audi sound system to it. Also done a lot of work on a mib2 retrofit I sent over to him ! He had to do a lot of work to it as it had been messed with but he carried this after he done what he needed to do. Software updates, map updates video in motion, & more. very knowledgeable guy! Also done a remote session with Vcds to do adaptions and coding to finish it off! Lots of help from this guy! I can not thank him enough it’s great some one has put a post up thank you Alex

Total top guy ! Joined this forum after purchasing a Audi. Done the Audi sound system retro fit to my A3 with the current crisis I sent the unit to Alex he done it at home and added Audi sound system to it. Also done a lot of work on a mib2 retrofit I sent over to him ! He had to do a lot of work to it as it had been messed with but he carried this after he done what he needed to do. Software updates, map updates video in motion, & more. very knowledgeable guy! Also done a remote session with Vcds to do adaptions and coding to finish it off! Lots of help from this guy! I can not thank him enough it’s great some one has put a post up thank you Alex
Absolute pleasure working on your retrofits and with you. Your MIB2 was a real challenge, something I love, due to it being someones "test" unit in a past life it seems. Whoever had it before messed about with it so much my guess is that they could not return it to a fully working state so sold it. That thing had a partial USA configuration on it, DVD and speed recognition for China, and very old firmware when it arrived! Really really happy I could get it fully working in your PFL vehicle :)

Reactions: 8YARWY
Just wanted to echo what everyone has already said, Alex one of the nicest guys I've met and very very knowledgeable and wouldn't hesitate to go back for more work to be done (and have recommended to friends and family). He done some coding on my S5 and fitted my dashcams which nearly a year later are still faultless (touch wood).

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra