1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

* DIY Injector cleaning how to * Pic Heavy

s3dave May 14, 2011

1. draganpokrajac2

draganpokrajac2 New Member

What fluid is best to use for cleaning? Isopro? Petrol? Destiled water?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Unfortunately s3dave has passed on so images are unlikely to be resurrected

<tuffty/>

4. iamcboy82

iamcboy82 New Member

its ok, i just dove in and done it anyway

5. Crazypete00

Crazypete00 Active Member Audi S3 Audi A4

Doing my injectors today. how to you replace the bottom O ring? the orange/brown ring bit is too big to get the old ones off.

Also one of the orange rings looks a little melted compared to the others.

6. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

They are o-rings so will stretch... you can use a pick or similar to hook them over... they will come off easy

<tuffty/>

7. APaulF

APaulF I love these cars until they break ..

This post is awesome, exactly what I need right now. But I can't view any of the pics? Any ideas why? I will try from my Macbook on Web version later as I'm currently viewing Via app. That shouldn't make a difference as I can view every other thread ok.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

8. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

Photobucket changed their policy on hosting images

9. QuattroCalum

QuattroCalum Well-Known Member Team Avus Silver saloon Audi A4 quattro Manual

Anyone have a how to for removing the injector filter, or do they just sit in the top? I plan on doing this soon.
    Has anyone cleaned the MAF sensor with the ultrasonic bath or is it too fragile? Wondering if the IAT sensor and MAP sensor could be cleaned as well, I can’t see why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APaulF likes this.
  10. APaulF

APaulF I love these cars until they break ..

Yes, I did read that yesterday after doing some research. I wasn't sure if that was the issue. Thanks for that. I think they may regret what they've done. . Is there any way of working around it that you know of?

Paul

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

11. QuattroCalum

They no longer host images for free and haven’t for some time. There’s no way of getting round it and it has spoiled so many build and how to threads, I think they have shot themselves in the foot with that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APaulF likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Rainbird

Rainbird Active Member

There are a few browser extensions about that will bypass the block, though they should only be viewed as a temporary workaround and will likely not work forever.

14. QuattroCalum

What extensions are they, it's nice to share?

15. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

I take it back its imageshack which had the images on