DIY: A3 8P reverse mirror dip mod

You need 1 motor 1 only as it only works on the passenger door. Yes if you get highline gen3 modules you can recode them for fold on remote.

You'll only need the motor for one side, as only the passenger side is dipped. The part numbers for the motor are different on LHD and RHD because it's the respective passenger side on both cars

As for the mirrors folding, that is separate and unfortunately there is no simple way to get them folding when locked

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That makes sense, didn't thought of that.
Just spoke to Troubs12 as he told me folding mirrors need a folding motor in their base, so I'll stick with this mirrordip mod for now.

I know about the folding, @Troubs12 did this mod on his A3 8P1 :)

Mirror adjustment motor: 8T0959578A (1x)
Module (with motor): 8P0959802J, M or P (2x) (two because of the folding mirror mod doing later on)
Terminals for the wires: 000979009E (or the connector @Troubs12 linked above me :) )

That's all? seems like a very reasonable mod that will be used everyday.

You'll only need the motor for one side, as only the passenger side is dipped. The part numbers for the motor are different on LHD and RHD because it's the respective passenger side on both cars

As for the mirrors folding, that is separate and unfortunately there is no simple way to get them folding when locked

So far I’ve got 3 different ways of getting them to fold on lock I’m putting a guide together at the minute. But i think there’s a 4th way where you get the door control unit flashed which would be easier but I don’t know how much I’d trust it.

The way I’m currently using uses about 4-5 relays but gives me fold and unfold on lock and the use of the fold in switch on the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good, I've seen the 361 relay method but my car doesn't give a proper earth on door lock pin 3...the mirror folds in and out repeatedly, and also folds when the car is locked from the interior button

Are you using this pin?

Can you share info about the folding, as there is no straightforward coding for that. Are you using vcp?

Yes , it's a 2 minute job with VCP on all gen 3 modules. but we can take this in private to not spam this post.

Yes , it's a 2 minute job with VCP on all gen 3 modules. but we can take this in private to not spam this post.

I'd think spamming this post is better since more people are interested in doing this mod. Get all info together :)

I'd think spamming this post is better since more people are interested in doing this mod. Get all info together :)
There is a separate topic with the mirror fold :) , how about keeping this for the mirror dip mod and the mirror fold one for the mirror fold ...

Reactions: henkkeumus
Sounds good, I've seen the 361 relay method but my car doesn't give a proper earth on door lock pin 3...the mirror folds in and out repeatedly, and also folds when the car is locked from the interior button

Are you using this pin?

Yeah I had to wire in a relay to cut the power to the 361 relay when the ignition is on so I could lock the vehicle while driving or just ignition on and that sorted it. I’ve recently dig out the crude wiring diagram I made for a friend recently as he’s looking into it.

There is a topic on this on here about folding but this is the diagram in case you guys can’t find it.
d7068e5c827e117fbc3996071235bf36.jpg

But then the question raises, do I need the one with ''A" or "B"? Think I need A but I'm not sure though. Looking at the number 8T0959578A in this manual it also has that piece going up.

964f2a71d27c53f8b2ec0581daf631c2.png

Last edited:
Inspecting the one the author uses in the opening post I've ordered the 'A' one.

Audi dealership came back to me with a price of €112,50..... Inhuman prices.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 with Tapatalk

Reactions: samisnake
That’s the connector that was on the loom I took off a Mk5 golf. Too be fair I took pics for the pin assignment but couldn’t see a “normal” part number on it just the AMP number. Though I know BMW use the same plug along with other brands

a1a8ddf3eb6856de948b8f26228d0068.jpg

e3db1244dbb194dcfd168356f6ec6d8b.jpg

Reactions: henkkeumus
Just wondering if anyone has tried it on the drivers door too? If it would dip the mirror when the mirror switch is turned to the driver side, when in reverse

Just wondering if anyone has tried it on the drivers door too? If it would dip the mirror when the mirror switch is turned to the driver side, when in reverse

Why wouldnt it work? LHD and RHD so it has to work on both sides

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I wasn't sure if only the passenger door module was listening to the reverse gear signal

I wasn't sure if only the passenger door module was listening to the reverse gear signal

Fair point. But both modules are can connected so I guess they both know when. Same for the lock signal, the folding mirrors lock because CAN tells them to sleep/fold I think.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Have not yet did everything but had VCDS running so I wanted to check if coding would work on my A3 8P 2011.
I tried accessing the module 46 Central Conv. but I coulnd't access it. It keeps blank and then throws an error about not reaching it, any ideas?

I think it's due to the fact I have a new BCM and the comfort module is integrated into the Cent. electrics, right? If so, does it need some additional coding in there that I should know of? Didn't yet run through all options to see if there was something similar though.

I think in the facelift 09, it is byte 4, bit 3 "mirror lowering when in reverse gear", but I'm not completely sure. Just look through all the options for something along those lines

Have not yet did everything but had VCDS running so I wanted to check if coding would work on my A3 8P 2011.
I tried accessing the module 46 Central Conv. but I coulnd't access it. It keeps blank and then throws an error about not reaching it, any ideas?

I think it's due to the fact I have a new BCM and the comfort module is integrated into the Cent. electrics, right? If so, does it need some additional coding in there that I should know of? Didn't yet run through all options to see if there was something similar though.
Try 09 module

[QUOTE = "henkkeumus, post: 3616608, member: 143032"] Jaja justo, gracias amigo. Bueno, me sumergiré en él mañana entonces. [/ QUOTE]

Hola. ¿Has resuelto el tutorial para esta acción del espejo inverso? ¿podrías pasarlo?

Hello to all,
I did the retrofit today on a LHD but:
1. the mirror motor works the wrong way vertically. I press up, and goes down. I press down and goes up. Left and right works correctly.
2. when on "reverse state", I set the viewing angle at where I want it. But getting out of "reverse state" does not allow the mirror to come to the original position. It goes at some random position. And when going on "reverse mode" again does not go on the position set earlier. Again goes to a random position.

I believe I bought the wrong motor.
I got in from aliexpress to go cheap. Link
These motors don't have any MCi part number 98561 or 98562 or the letters AE and AC.
On the site picture there is the number 301021.
From the pictures here henkkeumus got the motor 311040.
I got the motor 311028.
Probably the seller sends what ever each time.

Is there to rewire the motor or do I need the correct motor?
Is the motor that I bought for RHD?

Sounds like it's either RHD or an incorrect model, with AliExpress it's anyone's guess! I'd recommend genuine parts. I bought a complete A7 wing mirror, kept the motor and loom and resold it for the same price, so effectively it was free. Worth a try

Reactions: George Kost
That is what I did eventually.
I ordered from eBay a used genuine A4 B8 mirror two days ago.

I had the same issue I bought the wrong one first then the correct one but it wasn’t a genuine one and I had issues. Replaced it with a genuine one amd it’s been spot on since

Reactions: George Kost
For the wrong motor, I hacked the pcb board for now and the motors work correctly. Push up and go up, etc.
But I believe the potentiometers give wrong readings and the mod does not work correctly when on reverse.
Anyway

Yeah I found with the one for rhd non Gen it would work properly but when reverse was in the mix it didn’t want to behave

Since 30 January, just today I received the genuine mirror motor!
Everything works great now!
Regards

Since 30 January, just today I received the genuine mirror motor!
Everything works great now!
Regards
Hello, should I look for a specific part number for a used mirror?
Or all A4 B8 used mirrors will do?

I have an Audi TT 2008 and I would like to add this feature.

It would be easier to just get the motor and run the wires rather than taking a gamble on a used mirror having it.

Check this post to see the correct mirror part.
I bought a complete mirror as I could not find just the motor at that time.
I talked to the seller to confirm that the mirror had the correct markings on it as the above post.

If I just get the motor for the mirror where could I find the 8pin connector with wires etc?

Here: link
The cables, you will have to make them to fit the correct length.
You also need to change to door module. Check the first page of the post.

Reactions: lukeexecute
If I just get the motor for the mirror where could I find the 8pin connector with wires etc?

The connector you can either trim one down or this is the one you’d need from Ali express

£8.23 | 10 Sets 8 Pin Auto Reverse Motor Wire Plug Rearview Mirror Motor Cable Connector For VW 9-965382-2

Reactions: henkkeumus and lukeexecute