Diverter valve

83jmh83

Reaction score
What year did they change the DV. I have a 2010 A3 and wondered if thus would have the old type or new type. I am getting it mapped soon and wanted to check before I get it done

Thanks

A 2006 car if still running its original will be a rev C which is the older version of the G piston type.

2006 you would want to upgrade to a 06F 145 710G valve

The 2010 will have a D which is the newer revision piston type rather than a diaphram

Excellent thanks, what are the advantages to upgrading the DV? Is it performance or reliability, a while back when looking to buy I seem to remember one of the ads saying this had been upgrade which gave a stock car an increase to about 280bhp?

No power increase at all it just replaces the original diaphram that is weaker and splits most of the time

Apparently the Rev D is known to leak and can cause a boost leak code. I know mine does which is why I'm getting a GFB DV+, the only G tyre although do split after a few years they apparently seal the best.

Ah that makes sense, I scan the car every month or so and not got a boost leak error although did have a boost valve error, the boost valve was replaced and error cleared, that's not the same thing is it?

Thanks, I'm still waiting on paper work from dealer as it was fixed under warranty and will be able to confirm what it was then.
Cheers