Diverter valve

Bullys3

Reaction score
Without taking it off is there a way of seeing if I have the latest valve on or is it a take off and look job?

Last edited:
Quickest and easiest way is just I take It off, with you having an S3 it's at the front so very simple, had to change mine last week on my 2.0T ment having to jack car up and awkward access lol wish it was at the front.

Yea I see its at the front I haven't got any tools at home they are all at work, don't think my car is mapped so shouldn't have split if its the old diaphragm type but worth checking over

Don't do what I did and take the whole front end off and the bottom off looking for it because I was still hungover then to realise its a 2 min job!

I can see how that is done when your hung over but no I've seen its right at the top just under the engine cover

I removed the one T30 torx where the valve mounts to the bracket and then took a picture with my phone which enabled me to get the numbers.

What would the numbers be if it was the newest version? If you know them that is? Cheers

Last edited:
What would the numbers be if it was the newest version? If you know them that is? Cheers
hi mate, last letter is D on revised one.
but probably you have old one as all cars before mid 2009 have old ones.
try to take the picture of the number part as it's printed on the side and it's hard to see it...