Diverter Valve (Noise) Pipe? S3 8P

S3DM

Reaction score
Good evening chaps..

Quick question. I purchased a K&N Typhoon. . put it all together, fits pukka - But my question is .. It doesn't have the pipe near the U Bend to attach the pipe from the Diverter Valve .. can I just blank this pipe off As all I see it doing is getting rid of excess boost ? Some people I think call it a 'Noise pipe'

Any advice would be appreciated
(It's the pipe near the water bottle that comes out the top of the DV.
IMG 20150124 WA0010

... DV to Intake Return Hose is the one in question - gushes air on boost. Im thinking this shouldn't be just in the atmosphere ? So can it be blanked or does It need to go back into the Intake ?

Needs to go back into the intake after the maf fella

Beginning to think the k&n piping should have the inlet for the dv return pipe .. could I get away with putting a small breather onto the return pipe ? When you say after the MAF do you mean induction kit side or turbo inlet side? As all the other kits show the dv return on the elbow.

sounds like the kit isn't designed for a k04 to me, i'd check with the supplier mate...

It sounds like it's k03 induction kit. Turbo inlet side on the elbow same as all other kits you will have to have a small pipe welded on to attach the return pipe, needs to be welded as to stop unmetered air entering after the Maf.

Think you're right Tez! Either that or a T Piece for the DV return to go into ! Cheers Guys :)